Racist Government?

People who do not speak fluent English will be barred from public sector jobs which involve working directly with the public, the government has said.

Many people on here don't speak fluent English :|

People who do not speak fluent English will be barred from public sector jobs which involve working directly with the public

Seems like common sense to me, especially in the NHS where lack of clarity in information exchange can have unfortunate consequences.

And BTW, language and race are not synonymous. A white Frenchman would be just as affected as anyone else.

Or do you automatically assume that only non-whites can't speak English properly?

Seems like common sense to me, especially in the NHS where lack of clarity in information exchange can have unfortunate consequences.

And BTW, language and race are not synonymous. A white Frenchman would be just as affected as anyone else. Or do you automatically assume that only non-whites can't speak English properly?

Nothing to do with colour, no one has mentioned colour. If its common sense, a law is not needed, if you cannot get the right staff, I guess a good foreign working that is not 100% ok with English at the start, would be ok.