Racist Government?

I agree , it's not racist just common sense . I can't speak Welsh so I would never dream of applying for a job in Wales .

what kind of cowardly attitude is that?

We'd never have had a British empire if everyone thought like you

for shame.

People who do not speak fluent English will be barred from public sector jobs which involve working directly with the public, the government has said.

I would be one of the first people to say dont let them in; but this seems rather OTT !!!

A law that is not required?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33750709

This IS the Tories we are talking about. Why are you surprised ?

fair point , but didn't we make the natives speak English anyway ?

the ones we didn't kill off, yes. And now they operate our overseas call centres, taking all our jobs.

As for Wales, I do speak a little Welsh. . . But I still wouldn't want to live or work there.

:hihi:Racist

Bunch of Liberals this lot.

I've got nowt against the taffys, it just rains there all year round. All day, every day.

A bit like Manchester, but with less job prospects.

People who do not speak fluent English will be barred from public sector jobs which involve working directly with the public, the government has said.

I would be one of the first people to say dont let them in; but this seems rather OTT !!!

A law that is not required?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33750709

It seems a fair enough point, in fact it could be argued that it should be extended to ALL people working with the public, both the public AND private sectors

Nothing to do with colour, no one has mentioned colour. If its common sense, a law is not needed, if you cannot get the right staff, I guess a good foreign working that is not 100% ok with English at the start, would be ok.

The title mentions racists.

Language and race are not synonymous (and neither is nationality).

It seems a fair enough point, in fact it could be argued that it should be extended to ALL people working with the public, both the public AND private sectors

No. A private company should be allowed to employ whom they wish. If they go to the wall employing the wrong person then that's their problem.