Wind Turbine For Generateing Electricity

Iv noticed a house at Meadowhead that has a Wind Turbine fitted to it's gable, do such turbines' help reduce electricity bills ? I'm considering the idea been all electric I do already have Solar Panels ( already fitted on the roof when I moved in by the previous owner) in my ever quest to reduce my bills . Has someone on here had a wind turbine fitted how much did it cost, do you need planning permission for one, most importantly has it reduced you annual electric bill or was it a waste of time, who fits them ? Thanks.

If you have seen the turbine's at Heeley city farm and the 1 on Queens rd at the builder yard that size gives out around 3kw at full chat so not a lot.

Is the 1 you have seen next to the woods opp Morrisons??? If it is that will only give 100w or so.

If you have seen the turbine's at Heeley city farm and the 1 on Queens rd at the builder yard that size gives out around 3kw at full chat so not a lot.

Is the 1 you have seen next to the woods opp Morrisons??? If it is that will only give 100w or so.

Yes that concurs with a conversation I had with an engineer who is knowledgeable about energy efficiency. He said that they don't generate a great deal of power.

The one Iv seen is opposite Morrison's store the house also has a log storage at the front. That's what made me think about the idea of using wind as a power source,if it only generates that little amount of power its hardly worth the investment.

---------- Post added 02-08-2015 at 17:36 ----------

Any other ideas about generating electric by already mentioned methods?

Is there not a new solar panel system which includes a new battery storage system? I might have read about it in the paper, but can't remember if it's in development, (which means it might never happen,) or actually up and running as a viable system.

Anybody heard anything about it?

Is there not a new solar panel system which includes a new battery storage system?

The revolutionary ASB System, for the first time in the UK, it represents a leap in inverter and lithium battery technology making household power storage a reality.

http://www.absoluterenewableenergy.co.uk/products-and-technology/solar-battery-storage-system/

The revolutionary ASB System, for the first time in the UK, it represents a leap in inverter and lithium battery technology making household power storage a reality.

http://www.absoluterenewableenergy.co.uk/products-and-technology/solar-battery-storage-system/

Ooow that sounds interesting...

Anybody tried it yet? I'd be interested in what they think about it...

Is there not a new solar panel system which includes a new battery storage system? I might have read about it in the paper, but can't remember if it's in development, (which means it might never happen,) or actually up and running as a viable system.

Anybody heard anything about it?

Maybe you've heard of 'spray on' solar panels?

Combine this with Elon Musk's (genius) storage batteries, and I'm pretty sure that's the way to go.

When the 'Powerwall' and associate systems are fully developed at the Tesla

, they'll revolutionise the way things are powered. The Tesla S sports car (in production) does 0-60mph in around 2.8 seconds, top speed of around 150mph, and a range of well over 300 miles ... all with an electric motor the size of a melon!

Anybody tried it yet? I'd be interested in what they think about it...

Not tried one myself, but just reading online ...

The cost of installation of £9,900 and £19,000 for a 2.5 kW pole-mounted wind turbine, and it might save you around £200 per year on your electric bill.

The post on a forum that I was reading was 5 years old, so perhaps things are better. The poster lived off grid, maybe wind turbines are not for city life, just yet.