Fiancée been given shift ending on day she booked off

Hi people.

My fiance works at McDonald's and she has booked off Saturday 8th to Sunday 9th off as we are going to a show Sunday. We received email confirmation that it has been approved

Well she has been given her shifts and turns out she's got a shift starting at 10pm Friday till 6am Saturday.

Are they allowed to do this? What should we do about it?

Hi people.

My fiance works at McDonald's and she has booked off Saturday 8th to Sunday 9th off as we are going to a show Sunday. We received email confirmation that it has been approved

Well she has been given her shifts and turns out she's got a shift starting at 10pm Friday till 6am Saturday.

Without knowing her working hours, contract terms and shift patterns nobody is going to be able to answer it.

If she is a night worker for example whose shifts are usually 10.00pm - 6.00am then yes they can do that. She has her day off. She is not due to work on Saturday night as agreed and thus there is no issue.

However, if her normal hours or her contract terms define a "working day" 24 period of say midnight to midnight then she might be able to argue that her shift until 6.00 eats in to her agreed holiday period.

As others have said. She needs to speak to her Manager.

---------- Post added 02-08-2015 at 17:49 ----------

Ring in sick

Yes, what a brilliant idea. Potentially lose a days pay. Not everyone gets paid sick leave.

Also, some people might not want to be unnecessarily racking up their sickness days on their personnel record. These can be disclosed to any potential new employers.

Yes, ring in sick falsely and potentially expose yourself to disciplinary investigations.

I don't think I need to go on.

Hi people.

If your partner is finishing her shift on 6am on Saturday she is free to go to the show on Sunday, so what's the problem?

Hi people.

It could be an honest mistake , just get your fiance to explain the situation to the person in charge .

I hope you both enjoy the show .