Children's bank accounts

when i was kid i used to save have a savings account with Yorkshire Bank with a small paying in book.

Does anyone know if there are banks/building societies that still provide such paying in books for kids accounts? I always thought having a book encouraged me to save so hoping that it may rub off on my son..

thanks in advance

You would have hoped that in the spirit of teaching children the value of saving that the banks and building societies would give them a half decent rate of interest. What you actually get is about 0.25% unless it's a cash ISA that they can't draw on until they're 18 or a fixed rate bond which isn't really worth getting unless you're putting a large amount in. Might as well put it in the piggy bank.

You would have hoped that in the spirit of teaching children the value of saving that the banks and building societies would give them a half decent rate of interest. What you actually get is about 0.25% unless it's a cash ISA that they can't draw on until they're 18 or a fixed rate bond which isn't really worth getting unless you're putting a large amount in. Might as well put it in the piggy bank.

http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/current-accounts/123-mini-accounts/123-mini-current-account

when i was kid i used to save have a savings account with Yorkshire Bank with a small paying in book.

My 15 yr old daughter does it all online, with a bank card, she can still visit the bank and pay in with her card. Just move with the times.