TV / television licensing MEGATHREAD

Or maybe you just dont agree with the law and refuse to have an imposed set of rules enforced upon you.

Just saying...

Thats a cop out and you know it. If we all only obeyed the laws we ageed with, what a mess that would be. It doesn't alter the fact that by being scroungers, non compliers are leaving everyone else to foot the bill. Just like any other tax evader.

Thats a cop out and you know it. If we all only obeyed the laws we ageed with, what a mess that would be. It doesn't alter the fact that by being scroungers, non compliers are leaving everyone else to foot the bill. Just like any other tax evader.

I agree within reason. Look its not ok to do go around hurting people for instance.

Dont comply then. Make a stand in something you believe in. Whats stopping you making that decision? And if you make the decision and its a law, then shouldnt you break it?

People didnt agree with the polltax, so didnt pay it despite it being law.

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 14:17 ----------

Or you just going to be a goody two shoes all your life and do what the authorities tell ya to do...

Edited by ubermaus

Its on topic my friend. Do you think its ok for billions of tons of food to go to waste yet supermarkets get off scott free?

Yet, the hungry tramp gets prosecuted and made a criminal?

Do you think its ok to smoke marijiuna and fund gangs and exploitation?

What about if someone has MS and to alleveate pain the only affordable option is to smoke pot?

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 13:46 ----------

Lots of grey areas. In the grand scheme of offenses watching tv without a license is very low on the scale.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats a cop out and you know it. If we all only obeyed the laws we ageed with, what a mess that would be.

I don't obey laws I think are wrong. I think more people should do the same.

non compliers are leaving everyone else to foot the bill. Just like any other tax evader.

Equally, by compliers funding the corrupt BBC, they are harming the sensible non-compliers who, for good reason, are not propping up the BBC, and, as a consequence, are labeled as 'dishonest'.

Indirectly, they also contribute to a climate where sensible users of cannabis to manage health conditions (conditions where other, legal drugs are far less effective and have worse side effects) are imprisoned and labeled as criminals.

These things work both ways.

Indirectly, they also contribute to a climate where sensible users of cannabis to manage health conditions (conditions where other, legal drugs are far less effective and have worse side effects) are imprisoned and labeled as criminals.

Then campaign for a change and I (for one) would support you (even though I have no personal want or need for it). Especially as it (and prostitution) are now included in our GDP. (No wonder the economy is on the up :) )

Or just get together with like minded individuals and campaign for a repeal. Why play into the hands of the 'authorities'? better to beat them at their own game through the proper channels than get stuffed by them.

Why not do both...all too often its fear of consequences not the actual law itself that stops people comitting the offense.

Yet many refuse to educate themselves and just simply pay up no matter if its fraud, deception, bullying...banks spring to mind

I don't obey laws I think are wrong. I think more people should do the same.

You'd be okay with big, strong people (who liked violence) not obeying laws against assault then? If it was you they were beating up.

And burglars who didn't agree with property rights, you'd be okay with them stealing from you?

I suspect that you're happy to break laws you decide too, but you're not happy when other people break laws that you DO agree with. Then you expect to see them caught and punished.

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 14:56 ----------

I agree within reason. Look its not ok to do go around hurting people for instance.

Exactly my point.

You support that law because you don't want beating up.

You probably support property laws because you don't want stealing from.

But you're happy to steal television you haven't paid for.

Morally ambiguous at best.

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 14:58 ----------

You can shout all day long. Not buying a license is not illegal.

Which is why you refuse to actually answer the question, you're a bit of coward as well. Don't have the courage of your convictions... :thumbsup:

Why not do both...all too often its fear of consequences not the actual law itself that stops people comitting the offense.

Now you're talking. Tell you what...... Donate the equivalent of the licence fee to Children in Need and publish the receipt to show that you mean business and I'm with you all the way.