TV / television licensing MEGATHREAD

Now you're talking. Tell you what...... Donate the equivalent of the licence fee to Children in Need and publish the receipt to show that you mean business and I'm with you all the way.

I donate to numerous charities. Im happy to send you a list.

Then campaign for a change and I (for one) would support you (even though I have no personal want or need for it). Especially as it (and prostitution) are now included in our GDP. (No wonder the economy is on the up :) )

The reasons I don't campaign for change include-

1. the immense amount of personal time and work it requires

2. absolute lack of faith in changing the system by playing it's little games and 'doing things the proper way'

3. the fact that, certainly when it comes to cannabis and TV licensing, there have been many well coordinated and focused campaigns running over the past several decades- without success

Plus, the fact that the govt sacked it's own drug advisors when their research indicated that cannabis should be decriminalised/made legal, is kind of the final nail in the coffin.

Also petition through change.org

I can send you a list of worthy causes if you like?

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 15:27 ----------

You'd be okay with big, strong people (who liked violence) not obeying laws against assault then? If it was you they were beating up.

And burglars who didn't agree with property rights, you'd be okay with them stealing from you?

I suspect that you're happy to break laws you decide too, but you're not happy when other people break laws that you DO agree with. Then you expect to see them caught and punished.

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 14:56 ----------

Exactly my point.

You support that law because you don't want beating up.

You probably support property laws because you don't want stealing from.

But you're happy to steal television you haven't paid for.

Morally ambiguous at best.

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 14:58 ----------

Which is why you refuse to actually answer the question, you're a bit of coward as well. Don't have the courage of your convictions... :thumbsup:

Or maybe i just dont want to give you the satisfaction. Plus its amusing watching you run round in circles all day. :D

You'd be okay with big, strong people (who liked violence) not obeying laws against assault then? If it was you they were beating up.

And burglars who didn't agree with property rights, you'd be okay with them stealing from you?

And you're clearly OK with strawman arguments :)

I suspect that you're happy to break laws you decide too, but you're not happy when other people break laws that you DO agree with. Then you expect to see them caught and punished.

Essentially I'm totally OK with laws that protect against assault/rape/burglary.

When it comes to laws that are stupid/harmful/unfair, such as those that penalise cannabis users, then I'm not OK with them.

Hopefully that makes things clear?

The thing is this. It does not matter if the BBC educates us more than another channel. With the other channels we have a choice to pay, or free with adverts. With the BBC You pay no mater what. That’s not fair. I don’t pay never will pay.

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 00:28 ----------

If the BBC had adverts like most, we would not need a TV licence read >>licence as receipt<< For a broadcast you may or may not watch but have to pay them anyway!. I don't pay!!!

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 00:36 ----------

Read this> : I think my next door neighbour should pay me. Because they could potentially be using my wifi connection. If they use it or not I don’t care. They have the potential to connect. I want payment! From everyone in my street!. Would that be fair? … That’s is what the BBC are doing.

Edited by suggz

Argue the case for or against the tv licence all you want but please do not try and distort the facsts for people.

Calling the BBC commercially independent might be correct but that does not mean they are independent.

Personally if the BBC told me the time I'd check it.

If you do not want to pay your tv licence fee there is quite a lot on the internet about how to not pay it and the pros & cons of choosing that path.

Also petition through change.org

I can send you a list of worthy causes if you like?

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 15:27 ----------

Or maybe i just dont want to give you the satisfaction. Plus its amusing watching you run round in circles all day. :D

No, I'm pretty sure it's cowardice. You carry on making excuses though.

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 07:36 ----------

And you're clearly OK with strawman arguments :)

Essentially I'm totally OK with laws that protect against assault/rape/burglary.

When it comes to laws that are stupid/harmful/unfair, such as those that penalise cannabis users, then I'm not OK with them.

Hopefully that makes things clear?

You get to decide what's stupid/harmful/unfair then.

So do people who rob and commit violence I suppose. And they've decided that it's stupid that they can't rob you, so they do. That law, you want the police to enforce, this one, where you steal from the BBC and by extension everyone who IS paying the license fee, that one you've decided it's okay to break.

Yes I am confused why people who watch it on iplayer dont need a licence.

I think iPlayer was essentially an experiment to see how well online services would work. There are plans to make your access dependent on having a license already I believe.

I am not saying what to do.. But let me make this clear, I don’t pay never will. And guess what the BBC have no idea who does or does not,.

Best tip: Chap chap.

Answer go away!!!

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 01:25 ----------

I would love and pay 500 thousand to anyone that can tell me how the bbc know you are watching tv without payment. My answer is this THEY CAN NOT!

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 01:26 ----------

Show me otherwise and you have 500k today! You wont because it is stupid!!!

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 01:44 ----------

Chap chap… Hi sir do you have a TV. Answer YES MILLIONS OF THEM.

Oh >>> you need a TV licence. Answer NO I DO NOT.

Sir if you have a game machine or anything that is capable of picking up the BBC you have to pay!. Answer> NO I DO NOT.

Question do you watch the BBC >> Answer NO I DO NOT.

Now what.?

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 01:47 ----------

Answer NOTHING! LOL

Edited by suggz