TV / television licensing MEGATHREAD

During the miner's strike a TV detector van was sent into bolsover. The miners tipped it over and all that was inside was file cabinets.

They just hound people based on whether or not your address has a licence. I just put return to sender on them. Then I think they have to pay the postage for the return.

Other junk mail I just swap the junk around and fill their return envelopes with the wrong stuff and send those, that way it costs them money for postage as well as the time to open them.

During the miner's strike a TV detector van was sent into bolsover. The miners tipped it over and all that was inside was file cabinets.

They just hound people based on whether or not your address has a licence. I just put return to sender on them. Then I think they have to pay the postage for the return.

Other junk mail I just swap the junk around and fill their return envelopes with the wrong stuff and send those, that way it costs them money for postage as well as the time to open them.

I understand back in the day they thought it was true! Lets be honest even today it is bull! I say don’t pay

You get to decide what's stupid/harmful/unfair then.

Yes- it's called forming an opinion. In my opinion, based on thinking/analysis I've done, the laws concerning the BBC license and the laws on cannabis are stupid/harmful/unfair. I've also formed an opinion that disobeying such laws is OK.

You've done the same- you've formed the opinions that the laws on TV and cannabis are not stupid/harmful/unfair, and, that it's not okay to disobey such laws, or, indeed, to disobey any laws.

i.e. you get to decide not only what's stupid/harmful/unfair, but, you have the unspeakable arrogance to dictate a general moral judgement that anyone, breaking any law (no matter how stupid, harmfull or immoral that law may be), is necessarily in the wrong.

Don't kid yourself that I'm making a judgement here, and that you're not.

As Sartre said, we all choose- choice is unavoidable, even those who delude themselves that they aren't choosing, are, in the act of not choosing, making a choice.

So just because you're in support of the way things are- the status quo (where law is concerned), don't make out that it's me taking some kind of moral high ground and making judgements I'm not entitled to make.

Cos, to the extent that you are disagreeing with me, then you're equally making judgements that equally affect others.

So do people who rob and commit violence I suppose. And they've decided that it's stupid that they can't rob you, so they do. That law, you want the police to enforce, this one, where you steal from the BBC and by extension everyone who IS paying the license fee, that one you've decided it's okay to break.

Yes. I fully support laws that protect people against violence and robbery. Whilst simultaneously challenging and, advocating disobedience/breaking of, BBC licence laws and cannabis laws.

To me, the more people who don't fork out for a BBC license, the better, as-

1. it's heartening to see, for once, the general public displaying some intelligence and balls, and actually standing up against this crap

2. the more they refuse to engage in the little stupidities like the BBC license, the more they're likely to start becoming aware of the really harmful ones like the ridiculous laws on cannabis and drugs, which clearly do cause a lot of harm and which are deeply unjust.

I reckon if everyone had to pay at the same time of year, the telly tax would've been long gone. Just thinking of the poll tax when the courts became clogged with tens of thousands of non payers. Lot easier to tell the authorities to get stuffed when loads of other people are too!

Listen I have a broadcast flying through the air as I type this. I want everyone on this forum to pay me. I don’t care if you tune in or not PAY ME!. Is that fair?!? The BBC Do it why cant I??

---------- Post added 15-03-2015 at 01:06 ----------

Dear Mr Cyclone

Our records show you have not made payment to SuggzTV. As you are aware any devices you may own is capable of picking up Suggz TV. Theses’ include but are not limited to, Mobile pone, PC, TV.

Please contact Suggz To clarify that you do not own any devices capable of picking up Suggz TV.

Failure to do so will result in Suggz TV representative coming to your home.

What can Suggz TV do about this >>> NOTHING. What can the BBC do about this NOTHING.

Listen I have a broadcast flying through the air as I type this. I want everyone on this forum to pay me. I don’t care if you tune in or not PAY ME!. Is that fair?!? The BBC Do it why cant I??

---------- Post added 15-03-2015 at 01:06 ----------

Dear Mr Cyclone

Our records show you have not made payment to SuggzTV. As you are aware any devices you may own is capable of picking up Suggz TV. Theses’ include but are not limited to, Mobile pone, PC, TV.

Please contact Suggz To clarify that you do not own any devices capable of picking up Suggz TV.

Failure to do so will result in Suggz TV representative coming to your home.

What can Suggz TV do about this >>> NOTHING. What can the BBC do about this NOTHING.

Which part of the Communications Act 2003 will you be using to make Mr Cyclone pay Suggz TV?

Yes- it's called forming an opinion. In my opinion, based on thinking/analysis I've done, the laws concerning the BBC license and the laws on cannabis are stupid/harmful/unfair. I've also formed an opinion that disobeying such laws is OK.

You've done the same- you've formed the opinions that the laws on TV and cannabis are not stupid/harmful/unfair, and, that it's not okay to disobey such laws, or, indeed, to disobey any laws.

i.e. you get to decide not only what's stupid/harmful/unfair, but, you have the unspeakable arrogance to dictate a general moral judgement that anyone, breaking any law (no matter how stupid, harmfull or immoral that law may be), is necessarily in the wrong.

It was the fact that you want to be protected from assault and theft yourself, whilst stealing TV that I was trying to highlight.

I don't agree with every law, and I certainly don't think that braking every law is morally wrong. This one though, yes.

It was the fact that you want to be protected from assault and theft yourself, whilst stealing TV that I was trying to highlight.

I don't agree with every law, and I certainly don't think that braking every law is morally wrong. This one though, yes.

Like I've mentioned a couple of times already, I don't steal TV, as I don't have a TV capable of receiving live broadcasts. I do support anyone who does have such a TV and who doesn't buy a BBC license.

As you consider yourself capable of judging which laws are OK to break and which aren't, you'll presumably be able to understand that I also consider myself capable of that judgement?

You accused me of strawmanning when I pointed out that you agree with other laws and expect to have them enforced. It wasn't a strawman though was it, it was an entirely legitimate point which highlights how you (as you quite clearly say) decide for yourself which laws you think can be broken.

Obviously people who burgle and assault have done the same as you and decided that they can steal and hit people.

---------- Post added 16-03-2015 at 12:15 ----------

I don't obey laws I think are wrong. I think more people should do the same.

You really think that people should be able to decide that murder is okay? I don't think you do. What you really mean is that people should do the same as you, but only so long as they reach the same conclusions and agree with your opinion.

Like I've mentioned a couple of times already, I don't steal TV, as I don't have a TV capable of receiving live broadcasts. I do support anyone who does have such a TV and who doesn't buy a BBC license.

As you consider yourself capable of judging which laws are OK to break and which aren't, you'll presumably be able to understand that I also consider myself capable of that judgement?

Weve met your unique blend of what laws are OK to ignore before when you were banging on about a Landrover.

You were wrong than and are wrong now. IF you want to choose which laws to break and do so with moral superiority you need to set up your own society first, rather than try it in someone elses.