TV / television licensing MEGATHREAD

And the BBC gets its income from where exactly..now who is the idiot you mentioned

Public liability insurance and/or commercial liability insurance and/or employer liability insurance and/or legal protection insurance like every other organisation has.

What do you think happens when a compensation claim is put against a large organisation such as that. You really think tv licence funding would go towards legal settlements?

Let me make this simple. The BBC want payment for every TV purchase . They don’t care if you watch bbc or not you have to pay. Is that fair? If you get a TV for your kid to play games on you still have to pay the bbc!!!

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 00:44 ----------

It don’t matter if you watch the bbc or not you still have to pay!!!

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 00:47 ----------

Any equipment capable of picking up the bbc >> PAY ME << Don’t matter if you watch the bbc or not << PAY ME <<

I don't want what you want, I don't want endless reality dross punctuated with advertising dross. I don't want TV that's driven by commercial interest, where politicians, lobby groups and campaigners with money pay for air time, and influence TV stations with American style public broadcast.

But, If I pay for my licence I get the BBC and all its outlets AND all the dross you prefer..If I wish that is.

I'm not to sure why you have your knickers in a twist, you're probably whining about something you don't pay anyway.

I don't want what you want, I don't want endless reality dross punctuated with advertising dross. I don't want TV that's driven by commercial interest, where politicians, lobby groups and campaigners with money pay for air time, and influence TV stations with American style public broadcast.

But, If I pay for my licence I get the BBC and all its outlets AND all the dross you prefer..If I wish that is.

I'm not to sure why you have your knickers in a twist, you're probably whining about something you don't pay anyway.

Let me make this simple. If you don’t want adverts pay the bbc. If you don’t care don’t pay the bbc. However any technology capably of receiving a bbc broadcast you must pay them. That is TV, SMART PHONE , GAME MACHINE ETC.! Is that faire? >>> I say NO!

Let me make this simple. If you don’t want adverts pay the bbc. If you don’t care don’t pay the bbc. However any technology capably of receiving a bbc broadcast you must pay them. That is TV, SMART PHONE , GAME MACHINE ETC.! Is that faire? >>> I say NO!

This is what I like about SF.

Watching the trolls dig themselves deeper and deeper into a hole.

By the way....there is no "e" in the word "fair".

Oh...and it's past your bedtime.

Because personally I don't want to watch a repetitive toothpaste or multi coloured car add every 45 mins for 15 mins. I want to watch a program from start to finish without interruption. As ECCOnoob says..it's a snip at the price.

But other people don't agree. And we live in a democracy. Make it optional and see how many people are prepared to pay £145 of their own free will. It's not right for people to force others to pay for something they insist is good value. Let individuals decide what is or isn't good value.

It's not right for people to force others to pay for something they insist is good value.

The problem with that is that everyone would opt out of something - education, the NHS, roads, armed forces, police, state pensions, etc, etc. The government would then have to build a massive bureaucracy to invoice everyone individually having let people decide what they want to pay for and what they don't want to pay for. It would be impossible to put into practice.

Public liability insurance and/or commercial liability insurance and/or employer liability insurance and/or legal protection insurance like every other organisation has.

What do you think happens when a compensation claim is put against a large organisation such as that. You really think tv licence funding would go towards legal settlements?

And the insurance premiums come free gratis ?

The problem with that is that everyone would opt out of something - education, the NHS, roads, armed forces, police, state pensions, etc, etc. The government would then have to build a massive bureaucracy to invoice everyone individually having let people decide what they want to pay for and what they don't want to pay for. It would be impossible to put into practice.

I think there's firm evidence that education, health, roads, the armed forces, police and pensions are beneficial to society as a whole. I do not see the evidence for the BBC doing the same.