TV / television licensing MEGATHREAD

Cos the BBC have happily imprisoned thousand of single mothers and ran a decade long campaign of intimidation and deception, and that ****** me off way more than licence evaders breaking the law.

You're confusing the courts with the BBC now.

Not that I necessarily believe the numbers you've just said.

I been quite clear Chris. Never bought a TV license except for one time. thats why i say read the thread, its clear!

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 12:47 ----------

Which is why he refuses to answer the question, and instead keeps explaining how easy it is to avoid being caught. Or so it appears.

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 12:44 ----------

Trespass is a civil offence, not a criminal one.

Most common motoring offences are a sort of grey area where they are also not considered to be criminal offences.

I answered your questions. See above.

Most common motoring offences are a sort of grey area where they are also not considered to be criminal offences.

Really :huh::huh::loopy:

Well dude, you know what- watching TV without a licence is also "a sort of grey area where they are also not considered to be criminal offences".

Problem solved, well done :)

In contrast, when I see some idiot piloting a metal box with their mobile in hand, I think- that moron could easily kill someone, and, IMO, they should be locked up and/or banned. The consequences of license evasion are never fatal.

It's consequences that determine the morality of an act. Shame the law rarely reflects that.

Which is why he refuses to answer the question, and instead keeps explaining how easy it is to avoid being caught. Or so it appears.

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 12:44 ----------

Trespass is a civil offence, not a criminal one.

So now your excusing civil offenses and traffic offenses because its a grey area? So its okay to spring a red light and nearly kill someone?

No, I'm saying that civil offences aren't criminal, and so don't make someone a criminal. That's just how the words work!

Running a red light wouldn't be a trivial offence, that would be dangerous driving, and would result in a criminal record. Most people don't run lights though.

No, I'm saying that civil offences aren't criminal, and so don't make someone a criminal. That's just how the words work!

Running a red light wouldn't be a trivial offence, that would be dangerous driving, and would result in a criminal record. Most people don't run lights though.

Are you sure. I nearly got killed 2 years ago when a vwgolf ran a red light at 60mph at a zebra crossing.

Since ive witnessed 20+ times just this offense.