Part worn tyres

Being a skin flint, I sometimes buy part worn tyres. Bought 2 today for £35.

Whilst I was there, they repaired a rather large tyre that had a screw near the edge.

In the past trye fitters have said that punctures in tyres that are close to the side wall cannot be repaired. I know that you can buy your own repair kit from ebay for just a few quid.

I have never had a blow out on the motorway, although I have had one that was no good by the time that I stopped.

What are your thoughts on cheap tyres?

Had a few, some have been fine and some have been utterly rubbish.

If you find a good place that let you inspect the tyres and stuff then it's much better.

So other places will stick any old crap on, doesn't matter if it's all cracked to hell or had dodgy repairs.

• 1 month later...

Part worn tyres are dangerous,

Check the date on the tyre my blog shows you how http://www.hometyre.co.uk/mobile-tyre-fitting/mobile-tyre-fitting-sheffield/blog/check-your-tyres-date-it-might-be-out-of-date/

Also a part worn is often more than half the price of a new budget tyre but has less than half the tread, so it's a false economy. Saw someone the other day, informed her the tyre was 5 years old and had 3 mm of tread, she said she'd bought it last week for £25 a new one would have been £40 with 7-8mm.

Part worns can have damage, poor repairs, more than 2 repairs, I wouldn't want a scrap tyre on my car, if it's been thrown away or in a crash it shouldn't be on the road!

I'm pretty sure there's rather a lot of past discussions on here about part worn tyres.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm sure there's past discussions on many other subjects too.

Back on topic..

I'd never ever contemplate second hand tyres on any vehicle I was driving.