Does anyone know what its like on Fairbarn Place Please? :)

It cannot be far from Fairbarn Drive and I know a few that love it up there, it is no different from anywhere else, a mix of good and bad but the ones that have had a bad experience are the gobbiest about it.

---------- Post added 05-08-2015 at 15:31 ----------

A very good friend of mine lives in a maisonette on Farbarn Drive, she's been there years.

Liked it so much she bought it.

Same here, the ones I know bought them as well, they love it up there.

Not about being 'gobby'!

It's a bloody awful area and is nothing like it used to be! My family are from the top of Oldfield Road which is a lovely area of Stannington, I grew up in the 80's / 90's and all my friends were from the Liberty / Fairbarn areas.. They have all (bar 1) moved away and have been glad to do so!...

From the bottom of my heart I can honestly say I would rather tickle my optic nerve, straight through the eyeball with a toothpick than live there!

Not about being 'gobby'!

It's a bloody awful area and is nothing like it used to be! My family are from the top of Oldfield Road which is a lovely area of Stannington, I grew up in the 80's / 90's and all my friends were from the Liberty / Fairbarn areas.. They have all (bar 1) moved away and have been glad to do so!...

From the bottom of my heart I can honestly say I would rather tickle my optic nerve, straight through the eyeball with a toothpick than live there!

Sorry Chelle, I just used the word literally to mean loudest, and its true on any forum that the people who have had problems shout the loudest about them, sorry about the word but honestly it wasnt meant as an insult to you :)

I know that area has had its problems but the ones I know that live on Fairbarn Drive have said that for them at least it has calmed down but they have had problems in the past.

I have never lived in flats or maisonettes so I dont really know how trouble families reach out into other homes but on streets it can be very pocketed, one part can be a nightmare but it can be peaceful just a handful of houses away.

I'm not being funny but u can't tar every street with the same brush. I live on Fairbarn drive and the maisonettes I live in are really quiet and a nice block tbh. The neighbours are friendly and I myself have got 2 children and have never had any problems. The only downside is is that where on the top floor and don't have a garden for them to play but that's what you get when you live in a maisonette.

Hi do you know I have met loads of people in my block and they are all happy and friendly. I lived In a decent looking area before nice semis on a street in S5 (not that I am saying S5 is bad but in a lot of areas it is lovely) quiet neighbours but we had alot of probs things that caused my youngest son to have mental health problems. But do you know people have said fairbarn isn't the greatest but the people I have met really couldn't be nicer and couldn't do enough for you. The buildings may look ugly but that is the era they were built. But I would rather live in an ugly building with nice people than live in a nice house with ugly people :)