Kids Company charity

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Details then ?

WHEN WAS SHE GIVEN MILLIONS,     AND HOW MANY WEEKS LATER DID IT GO BUST ?

That's what I asked him because he invariably doesn't know.  

Do you ?

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I do know  , it’s a fact and on public record . Weeks after being given 3 million by  the  Government , the charity folded . 
Nothing wrong with my reading . 

I think the question needs re-reading, with the correct emphasis;

Since you refer to the £3,000,000 then "SHE" wasn't given it.
Indeed, it looks like it was a condition that she was asked to step down from her role in order for the charity to receive the money,   which would also release a similar sum from a different source.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jul/03/camila-batmanghelidjh-to-leave-kids-company

See also
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/06/kids-company-closure-government-knew-3m-grant-pay-staff

11 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I think the question needs re-reading, with the correct emphasis;

Since you refer to the £3,000,000 then "SHE" wasn't given it.
Indeed, it looks like it was a condition that she was asked to step down from her role in order for the charity to receive the money,   which would also release a similar sum from a different source.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jul/03/camila-batmanghelidjh-to-leave-kids-company

See also
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/06/kids-company-closure-government-knew-3m-grant-pay-staff

It doesn’t need re reading. I never said she was given it . The charity she was boss of , that she was in charge of , which had received many, many millions of government money  , was given it .

Edited by hackey lad

Just now, hackey lad said:

It doesn’t need re reading. 

If it doesn't need re-reading  then it needs you to understand what you've read instead.

He's making the point that  SHE WAS NOT GIVEN MILLIONS   -   IT WAS GIVEN TO THE CHARITY WHEN SHE AGREED TO STEP DOWN.

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It doesn’t need re reading. I never said she was given it . The charity she was boss of , that she was in charge of , which had received many, many millions of government money  , was given it .

You are correct, of course. That money was her responsibility.

Now, do you have any comment about the £400 000 000 000+  that has  disappeared from the public purse, on the Tory Government’s watch,  in the last five years?

Just now, Prettytom said:

You are correct, of course. That money was her responsibility.

Now, do you have any comment about the £400 000 000 000+  that has  disappeared from the public purse, on the Tory Government’s watch,  in the last five years?

Ahhhh a nice piece of whataboutary right there 👌 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Fully expected. 

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

If it doesn't need re-reading  then it needs you to understand what you've read instead.

He's making the point that  SHE WAS NOT GIVEN MILLIONS   -   IT WAS GIVEN TO THE CHARITY WHEN SHE AGREED TO STEP DOWN.

I know what point he’s making . While you’re here , do you believe me now? 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Absolutely not.

Its a very fair question.

I wasn’t expecting Hackey to be able to answer it though. Seems I was right.