Chuggers in town today

In all honesty who on their right mind would supply their bank account details or make a debit card payment to a stranger in the street?

People must do so though because the chuggers are growing in numbers. Mental.

Not all of them take cash now. I met one at the entrance to the supermarket and they refused to take my £2 as they were only there to sign people up on a direct debit.

How come they never get arrested by the police.
Theres probably a reason why but if they approach me and i'm having a bad day I tell them that they are breaking the law approaching me to solicit money and are in breach of the Vagracy Act of 1824 and if they continue i'll have them arrested. They soon stop. No doubt they think i'm a cockwomble but I don't particularly care

Theres probably a reason why but if they approach me and i'm having a bad day I tell them that they are breaking the law approaching me to solicit money and are in breach of the Vagracy Act of 1824 and if they continue i'll have them arrested. They soon stop. No doubt they think i'm a cockwomble but I don't particularly care

Whats a cockwomble:huh: Is it like Arrinocko with his todger hanging out?

Chuggers yeh, pain in the butt. I get them before they strike by simply saying,'don't even try pal'. Always works.

I was in town recently, and saw one of these arses go up to a woman. She was sat on her own, clearly reading her book and eating her lunch on a bench. She obviously just wanted to be left alone, and had her personal space invaded by one of these idiots...

I think they get on everyones nerves - I know they do mine - its pretty relentless once you have to run the gauntlet of all the different ones from one end of Fargate to the other.

The council must be giving them permission to do this however (you need permission to do anything in the city centre) perhaps raising this with them might help.....?

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 20:58 ----------

In the space of 1 hour yesterday we had two knocking on our door at home. One from St Lukes, one from Cancer Research UK. It's bad enough being pestered as you walk through town never mind in the sanctuary of your own home.

I agree - really object to this invasion of privacy - they usually pick teatime, or late evening, you know, really inconvenient times when they know people are in - and some of them are really hard to get rid of - unfortunatley end up just being rude and shutting to door in their face.

They are a real pain these people and town would be much better without them.

They are using high pressure sales techniques and often prey on the vulnerable,the only difference being (some) of the money they take goes to charity.

Have to say I rarely see them approach people sat down though if they did that to me when I was eating lunch it would be a very short conversation.

No coincidence Meadowhall banned them.