Chuggers in town today

There was a soldier outside M&S a little while ago. I offered him a £1 but he refused it. He would only accept £3 for the magazine he was selling.

£1 is a pound when all is said and done. To refuse it is ridiculous just because I couldn't afford to spare £3.

They are all getting greedy now, but they are risking losing so much goodwill along with the smaller amounts of money which is all some people can afford.

There was a soldier outside M&S a little while ago. I offered him a £1 but he refused it. He would only accept £3 for the magazine he was selling.

£1 is a pound when all is said and done. To refuse it is ridiculous just because I couldn't afford to spare £3.

They are all getting greedy now, but they are risking losing so much goodwill along with the smaller amounts of money which is all some people can afford.

If he was a Big Issue vendor then they are forbidden from accepting any money unless you purchase and take the magazine.

If they do accept the money then they are beggars which is illegal not outdoor magazine vendors which is perfectly legal and was the whole point of starting the magazine in the first place.

When that didn't work they pointed out the RSPB sticker on my window and asked if I thought birds were more important than people.

Translation: "I don't get my commission from the RSPB. Where's my money. I want my money".

Avaricious scum.

How fees for High Street 'chuggers' are eating up the millions you donate to charities

My dislike for these self-serving parasites has turned into outright loathing.

Support local charities, there are many worthy causes in Sheffield, run at a local level.

That way your money won't fund charity CEO lifestyles

Outrage as charity bosses pocket six-figure salaries from generous public donations

Or the commission of verminous chuggers.

Translation: "I don't get my commission from the RSPB. Where's my money. I want my money".

Avaricious scum.

How fees for High Street 'chuggers' are eating up the millions you donate to charities

My dislike for these self-serving parasites has turned into outright loathing.

Support local charities, there are many worthy causes in Sheffield, run at a local level.

That way your money won't fund charity CEO lifestyles

Outrage as charity bosses pocket six-figure salaries from generous public donations

Or the commission of verminous chuggers.

I had three of them at once from scope the other day. If they were going to ask for money a barbers shop stylee I'd have listened. But they didn't.

regardless of the rights and wrongs of the method then

a) this is possibly the only or a major part of the income of the people doing this

b) it allows the charities to collect the money they need to do their work in a reasonably cost effective manner

regardless of the rights and wrongs of the method then

a) this is possibly the only or a major part of the income of the people doing this

b) it allows the charities to collect the money they need to do their work in a reasonably cost effective manner

The most cost effective fund raising method then is volunteers with buckets and online donations (all you need is a website not someone on £8 per hour plus commission)

The most cost effective fund raising method then is volunteers with buckets and online donations (all you need is a website not someone on £8 per hour plus commission)

i'd never give via a website

anyway the charities clearly feel its worth it or they wouldn't do it

What's wrong with giving via a website as opposed to signing up with someone paid on commission to take your details?

There's too much fraud and when you hand over you card details you never quite know where they'll end up.

I have made one on-line transaction in a year.