Burning Man Sheffield?

It doesn't have to be a desert. My friend is initiating one in Austria with like-minded people. Not many deserts there. What you do need though is a large enough open space where you can build something up (and leave behind clean) with permission.

Hope we get one in sheff. I for one would attend.

---------- Post added 07-08-2015 at 20:47 ----------

A park is perhaps not the right place, maybe a piece of detilict land

It doesn't have to be a desert. My friend is initiating one in Austria with like-minded people. Not many deserts there. What you do need though is a large enough open space where you can build something up (and leave behind clean) with permission.

You also need everybody coming to it to join in the ethos of leaving it behind completely untouched. That's difficult to guarantee unless you make it so far away, in a desert, that anybody else is put off coming.

yes the lowedges festival is on this sunday 12noon to 5pm and is huge,but could this

type of event be installed in ours or would it have to be on its own thanks

You also need everybody coming to it to join in the ethos of leaving it behind completely untouched. That's difficult to guarantee unless you make it so far away, in a desert, that anybody else is put off coming.

As Vincentb says, this is one of the key-issues. Burning man requires a certain type of visitor that buys into the concept. I think it might work, but it needs to be clear from the word go what the ethos of the festival is.

Hope you had a good day Bassett, we sure had a lovely wedding to go to!

Don't you see that killing me is not going to bring back your apples?

That was a slightly different type of burning man ;) Although if I recall the movie well, there is an awesome scene with him burning in the middle of a huge field, certainly worth re-doing!

Part of the charm of the burning man is its set in the desert. You are cut off in an isolated community where a barter system is necessary. Non commercial.

Where could sheff hold such an event? How would you keep shops / brands out of it?

From what I know of it, some people have more to barter then others.