You Can't Trust Anyone These Days..

Why would that be? You cannot tar an entire profession on the basis of a few individuals.

If you are referring the contents of the OP, then I would take some of it with a pinch of salt. It can be days or weeks before Orders are despatched post decision. Secondly, unless you have the most blatant court clerk in the world, I just cannot believe that an Official would tell you that the DWP are deliberately lying and using it as a delaying tactic.

Well I'm sorry you didn't believe me but it is true. The fact that the DWP (if its them who deal with ESA claims) have constantly told us that they haven't received it is highly suspect. As I said in the original post they have an internal procedure that they chase decisions if they do not arrive in time. After numerous calls we were advised to chase the decision ourselves with the court. This astounded the person at the court, who seemed sick of the whole charade.

After the call to the court I phoned ESA back and logged 2 complaints. One against everyone who has misinformed us for the past 10 weeks and one against the person who told me to phone the court.

Later the same day we received a call... guess what? They have found the decision and it will be now given priority...

Maybe front line staff don't know what is happening higher up the chain and they are manipulating the process.

I feel you are a little naive in your judgement of the DWP..

I think if you dealt with them on a personal basis rather than profession you may change your mind..

Why would that be? You cannot tar an entire profession on the basis of a few individuals.

I speak from personal experience . In my opinion the legal profession are the biggest bunch of dishonest over paid parasites which operate in Britain .

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

No you can't. You should be able to. Parents and patients are mostly in a position where they have to trust doctors and teachers but it's a tad dangerous to just stick to a default setting of "trust teachers and doctors".

There are an awful lot of Harold shipmans former patients who wish they hadn't.

The last line does not make sense, I take it you mean the patients he killed.

I speak from personal experience . In my opinion the legal profession are the biggest bunch of dishonest over paid parasites which operate in Britain .

For every one of those 'dishonest overpaid parasites' you have allegedly met, I will wager there are several honest, hard working individuals on very average wages. I also speak from personal experience - 20 years worth.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

For every one of those 'dishonest overpaid parasites' you have allegedly met, I will wager there are several honest, hard working individuals on very average wages. I also speak from personal experience - 20 years worth.

I have no doubt there are many honest individuals working within the legal professional .

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

In my opinion the legal profession are the biggest bunch of dishonest over paid parasites which operate in Britain .

I have no doubt there are many honest individuals working within the legal professional

Make your mind up!!

Biggest bunch of dishonest over paid parasites but you have no doubt of the many honest individuals working in it. Right :roll:

So you have seemingly had a bad experience with an individual rotten apple who was allegedly dishonest and overpaid. Fine.

BUT why are you tarring the whole profession?

Parasites and overpaid?? Really, you have no idea.

Some of those overpaid parasites are barely getting over minimum wage and that's after 4 years of study and a two year practicing course.

Make your mind up!!

Biggest bunch of dishonest over paid parasites but you have no doubt of the many honest individuals working in it. Right :roll:

So you have seemingly had a bad experience with an individual rotten apple who was allegedly dishonest and overpaid. Fine.

BUT why are you tarring the whole profession?

Parasites and overpaid?? Really, you have no idea.

Some of those overpaid parasites are barely getting over minimum wage and that's after 4 years of study and a two year practicing course.

The two posts do not contradict each other . I stand by my original comment .

You cannot tar an entire profession on the basis of a few individuals.

We do it all the time. Newspapers often start their reports with 'we know there are exceptions to the rule but....' then go on to rubbish an entire profession. And there's often truth in what they say.

Lawyers in general do not have a good reputation and are seen as grasping and overpaid for what they do. The law is unaffordable to many ordinary people these days, which is so wrong and goes against Magna Carta. It also seems to have many flaws, and often doesn't deliver real justice anyway to my way of thinking.

Reputations, deserved or otherwise, don't come from nothing.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

We do it all the time. Newspapers often start their reports with 'we know there are exceptions to the rule but....' then go on to rubbish an entire profession. And there's often truth in what they say.

Lawyers in general do not have a good reputation and are seen as grasping and overpaid for what they do. The law is unaffordable to many ordinary people these days, which is so wrong and goes against Magna Carta. It also seems to have many flaws, and often doesn't deliver real justice anyway to my way of thinking.

Reputations, deserved or otherwise, don't come from nothing.

One of the reasons Legal Aid was stopped for personal accident claims was due to the sheer greed of the lawyers which meant there was simply not enough public funds to pay their fees . As you say the law is unaffordable to many ordinary people these days which is due in part to changes in legal aid .

There were protests last month from greedy lawyers as a consequence of Government cuts to for legal aid fees . The lawyers seem to think they should be exempt from Government cut backs while others less fortunate are expected not to complain when they have less money to buy food .