Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

It's quite common knowledge down our way. I'm surprised that you don't know anything at all.

It's a big topic, so I won't be giving you any more links than the one to Forbes that I gave earlier but I'm sure that you can find plenty for yourself by googling and surfing. Somebody has probably written something that pulls together the information in a concise article but I couldn't point you to anything in particular.

You mean it's unsupported rumour. Send three and fourpence we're going to a dance

It could be written in forty foot high letters for some people who still wouldn't want to understand but I'm not inclined to waste my time with them.

Germany isn't doing it out of charity. They are doing it because they need more people. - For example, I believe that to be a statement without proof or certain knowledge. There's no need to get on your high horse, I'm not saying that you're lying, just that it's a hypothesis of yours that hasn't been proven or disproven.

No problem. There's nothing for me to prove because it's a simple fact that Germany has a population problem and it has seen immigration as the cure for a few years now. 800,000 immigrants will just about fill the shortfall of about half a million empty jobs that they need workers for.

This isn't a secret. The FT had an interesting article recently which I've linked for you. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b30c8de4-4754-11e5-af2f-4d6e0e5eda22.html#axzz3kz6q7AWs

Edited by Eric Arthur
link to FT article

The UNHCR is doing a fair bit, but its humanitarian appeal is only 40% funded/resourced where this crisis is concerned, and does most of its work where 95% of the refugees are based: Turkey (1.9m), Lebanon (1.2m), Jordan (650k), Iraq (250k), Egypt (135k).

A question that is currently needling me is why was Merkel telling a young Palestinian girl the following mere weeks ago (July 2015)but has suddenly taken the doors off hinges to let migrants in en masses in August? I don't believe in coincidences or change of heart at that level of politics, so what is the political manoeuvre clearly at play here, and what is its end game, that I'm not seeing? :huh:

Merkel doesn't want 800,000,and it's not a quota,that is just a projected number,Merkel is just making sure that Germany does the job that no other country is able to do efficiently,either because it hasn't got the resources,or the will.............Germany has both,and Merkel has decided that they are going to sort out the mess,give everyone a fair hearing on asylum,return the ones who are not accepted more quickly,especially to the Western Balkans where many have come from and who have a very low percentage of acceptence in Germany for asylum,so they make up a big chunk of the 800,000 and most will be going back ,just more quickly than usual when Germany have got the systems in place to speed up and process the applications and say yes or no........there's no ulterior motive,it's simply sorting out the mess that nobody else has shown they are able to do,giving them a fair hearing and keeping or deporting them as quickly as possible...........crisis management.

Thanks for this, Hots on.

I already knew the objectives of the vast majority of the 'refugees' but most people are being misled or simply can't see that their emotions are being played with in supporting the mass-immigration into the UK and Europe.

---------- Post added 06-09-2015 at 19:01 ----------

Do you mean in Sheffield? this doesn't surprise me at all. What a bunch of weirdo's. :loopy:

Thinking they represent all of Sheffield too!

You couldn't make it up.

Thanks for this, Hots on.

I already knew the objectives of the vast majority of the 'refugees' but most people are being misled or simply can't see that their emotions are being played with in supporting the mass-immigration into the UK and Europe.

---------- Post added 06-09-2015 at 19:01 ----------

Thinking they represent all of Sheffield too!

You couldn't make it up.

That's what some of it is, made up

Doesn't my post suggest that even if we don't let any refugees into the country, sooner or later the crisis will have an effect on your family, friends and the country?

You've completely changed the meaning of my post by editing it, and then you've responded to your edited version of my post.

I've edited it accordingly.

The first sentence was the only thing really quoting you, the rest of the post are my thoughts on the situation.

I would assume that a refugee,s status changes to a migrant once they have entered a E U country as they are in a safe environment.

The attitude of the people in Hungary is that using mob rule to meet their own ends that they are only prepared to go where they want to go and only on their terms.

I have been through Calais twice last week and seen it there and it is not a pleasant sight and if they were law abiding citizens they would cooperate with the authorities in Hungary and get registered where the correct arrangements could be made for them to move on to a place where they can be accommodated even if it is not where they would prefer to settle but they would be safe.

The culture of these people does not seem to fit in with the way the Europeans live

It is a fact of life that we are not able to have everything we would like in life and you have to accept that.