Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

'with ease'? er, because it's a war zone, it'd be harder to get into hillsborough on match day than it would to get into syria.

'When you lack compassion, you probably don't know you lack compassion. It's just difficult and painful for those that have to deal with you'

Its nothing to do with compassion. Its to do with old fashioned common sense. If someone fears for their life they wouldnt go back there.... they would have burried the boy in Turkey. Furthermore will the father travel back to Turkey and will he be given refugee status again?

They dont even have electricity in parts of syria. 1 million people are displaced...i.e. no home.

1.2 billion people around the world don't have access to electricity, Syrians living in Syria still have some access to electricity although it is limited, Syrians with no access at all could move to the parts that do have access. Women and children could move to the safe parts whilst the men confront ISIS with our help, if Syrians united instead of fighting each other they could rid the world of ISIS and reclaim their country. If the people running are unable to live alongside the Syrians that support Assad, what makes anyone think they will be able to live along side Westerners, how long before they oppose Western governments and try to overthrow them.

when you are gullible to emotional blackmail you probably don't realise that you are gullible to emotional blackmail.

what blackmail would that be then?

It's a bit of a long con to blow up your house, leave your family, see your friends and relatives die, risk your life, bury your kids just to pull off some 'emotional blackmail' as to enable a bit of a 'better life'

The gullible are likely to believe things that aren't true, like 'we're full', 'they'll steal our jobs'..etc etc

#sameoldtiredxenophobicarguments

"In search of a better life". Nice slogan!

That could apply to millions upon millions of people. So do you support their right to come to Europe? All of them?

And if you don't support the right of all the poor of the world to come and live in Europe if they want to, why not?

UKIP and their supporters do,they say that non Europeans are being discrminated against by the EU,that they should have the same rights as EU people,the EU policy is discriminatory against them.......as soon as the EU stop doing that,all of a sudden they don't want them to have the same rights.........the 2 faces of UKIP for you ladies and gentlemen.

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 09:07 ----------

what blackmail would that be then?

It's a bit of a long con to blow up your house, leave your family, see your friends and relatives die, risk your life, bury your kids just to pull off some 'emotional blackmail' as to enable a bit of a 'better life'

The gullible are likely to believe things that aren't true, like 'we're full', 'they'll steal our jobs'..etc etc

#sameoldtiredxenophobicarguments

Let's see if we can get 1million likes for this.

1.2 billion people around the world don't have access to electricity, Syrians living in Syria still have some access to electricity although it is limited, Syrians with no access at all could move to the parts that do have access. Women and children could move to the safe parts whilst the men confront ISIS with our help, if Syrians united instead of fighting each other they could rid the world of ISIS and reclaim their country. If the people running are unable to live alongside the Syrians that support Assad, what makes anyone think they will be able to live along side Westerners, how long before they oppose Western governments and try to overthrow them.

1 million are displaced, you got that bit? :loopy:

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 10:21 ----------

its a bit like you and me, losing home in sheffield and having to move to the coast while we wait to get off the island...

And if you don't support the right of all the poor of the world to come and live in Europe if they want to, why not?

Do you? if not why not?

I can't fathom why people think there so much more entitled to live on one bit of the earth than someone else?

It's not like you've had any real influence on how your bits turned out or why you've been born on your bit opposed to theirs.

It's not like your going to be responsible for looking after these people, your highly unlikely to meet or even see them, their impact on your life is negligible at worst.

And if you were in their shoes you'd do the same thing.

only the chances are that it'd be you that they're running from in the first place.

Do you?
No, I don't support the right of all the poor of the world to come and live in Europe (contrary to the belief of some on here, no doubt).

if not why not?
It's socio-economic madness. Simple as.

The very reason why countries the length and breadth of the world have had passports (or the like), visa system (or the like) and border entry requirements since before Roman times, to this day: to control population fluxes and all directly- and indirectly-associated resources.

Nothing to do with 'entitlement' to live on a bit of earth (which is accidental for everyone), all to do with national resources (which are finite and need managing), social cohesion (which is a reasonably stable, but constantly moving, entity subject to balancing) and national interest (common good of nationals and residents).

I say this as an immigrant myself, and as brother-in-law to a non-EU immigrant (US born, US national) whom it took 2 years, 3 attempts and a small fortune to get over here 'by the book' to live with and help provide for his British family.

Edited by L00b

actually even though i'm british, i'm not entitled to live in jersey, which is part of the british isles and uses british passports. do you think the 70 million uk passport holders should all be allowed to live in jersey?

Edited by drummonds

Just because we as UK nationals and passport holders can move around freely, doesnt make us more deserving than other nationals.....we just hit jackpot in the nationality lottery.

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 10:52 ----------

No, I don't support the right of all the poor of the world to come and live in Europe (contrary to the belief of some on here, no doubt).

It's socio-economic madness. Simple as.

The very reason why countries the length and breadth of the world have had passports (or the like), visa system (or the like) and border entry requirements since before Roman times, to this day: to control population fluxes and all directly- and indirectly-associated resources.

Nothing to do with 'entitlement' to live on a bit of earth (which is accidental for everyone), all to do with national resources (which are finite and need managing), social cohesion (which is a reasonably stable, but constantly moving, entity subject to balancing) and national interest (common good of nationals and residents).

I say this as an immigrant myself, and as brother-in-law to a non-EU immigrant (US born, US national) whom it took 2 years, 3 attempts and a small fortune to get over here 'by the book' to live with and help provide for his British family.

national resources (which are finite and need managing)

social cohesion (which is a reasonably stable, but constantly moving, entity subject to balancing)

national interest (common good of nationals and residents).

----

you arrogantly assume the brits integrate and are well received all over the world. And that people coming here from other countries won't.