Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

The first 30 years of my life were before we joined the EEC and the last 40 years have been since we are in the E U and life was better before we joined.

I did work in Europe quite often having to to go through customs and immigration at every border but I still believe that was far better than what we have now as people can move from country to country with no checks and the authorities have no idea who is in any country.

There is also the thousands of people who are still crossing from North Africa to Italy,Gibraltar and Spain who have disappeared from the news over the last week or so. It will not be long before the population of Europe is increased by the population of a small country like Wales whose population is around 3 million and can they all be integrated.

The migrants ( as once the refugees enter the E U they are not refugees but migrants ) will have to be settled in countries in which they do not want to settle like Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Estonia, Latvia, Poland Czech. Republic , Slovakia, Slovenia, Macedonia and Greece

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I will be voting to leave when we get our chance for a variety of reasons, many of which you cover.

Thanks again:)

The first 30 years of my life were before we joined the EEC and the last 40 years have been since we are in the E U and life was better before we joined.

I'm not doubting life was better...but was your experience solely because we were out of the EU or possibly just because it was better pre-1975?

From what I understand there was massive inflation around that time and it was hard to get on the housing ladder, the oil crisis. It wasn't the best of times for the steel works or manufacturing etc either.....

Edited by TJC1

So you're arguing that you're a xenophobe but not a racist? Fair enough.

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 18:07 ----------

So it wouldn't make any difference to you if everyone who didn't know you thought that you was a terrorist, a killer or a benefit cheat?

On what basis would I be a terrorist as I'm in the UK and from the UK?

If I was a killer I would be in jail and as for a benefit cheat.........The system is hard for people as it is to get what they deserve so let's not make it any harder.

And no, I'm not a cheat!!!

in sheffield terms you are talking pre-depression and depression....the 80's were certainly crap up north.

I'm not convinced leaving the EU will bring this back.....

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 18:15 ----------

If I was a killer I would be in jail and as for a benefit cheat.........The system is hard for people as it is to get what they deserve so let's not make it any harder.

how do we know? I assumed you were a gun toting maniac....:hihi:

You admit to having Irish heritage, and you ask how could you be a terrorist? It's a good job that not many other people have your outlook eh?

in sheffield terms you are talking pre-depression and depression....the 80's were certainly crap up north.

I'm not convinced leaving the EU will bring this back.....

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 18:15 ----------

how do we know? I assumed you were a gun toting maniac....:hihi:

Now you are being ridiculous:roll:

I did work in Europe quite often having to to go through customs and immigration at every border but I still believe that was far better than what we have now as people can move from country to country with no checks and the authorities have no idea who is in any country.

There is also the thousands of people who are still crossing from North Africa to Italy,Gibraltar and Spain who have disappeared from the news over the last week or so. It will not be long before the population of Europe is increased by the population of a small country like Wales whose population is around 3 million and can they all be integrated.

The migrants ( as once the refugees enter the E U they are not refugees but migrants ) will have to be settled in countries in which they do not want to settle like Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Estonia, Latvia, Poland Czech. Republic , Slovakia, Slovenia, Macedonia and Greece

woah you will be hung on here for having an opinion like that ,sadly.

You admit to having Irish heritage, and you ask how could you be a terrorist? It's a good job that not many other people have your outlook eh?

No, I said my ancestors came from there before independence.

I've never set foot in Ireland.

"In search of a better life". Nice slogan!

That could apply to millions upon millions of people. So do you support their right to come to Europe? All of them?

And if you don't support the right of all the poor of the world to come and live in Europe if they want to, why not?

I am talking about the current crisis- those in camps/on boats etc trying to have what every human being should be entitled to- hope and a better future than what they have today.