Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

I am not quite sure how I haven't made my position on this clear to you yet, considering how you keep asking, but let me repeat myself as I am bored.

I am for processing and (temporarily) safeguarding refugees by housing them in appropriate camps throughout the EU and every EU country taking its fair share. This way we can stop economic refugees. I am also for military intervention by the EU in the area to stabilise it (preferably with a UN mandate, but without if necessary), create a safe-zone and repatriate the refugees at the earliest possible opportunity, using all the EU foreign aid to fund the development of these safe-zones (Hundreds of thousands of homes are needed, for example, not to mention schools, hospitals etc.).

Am I for permanent mass immigration from outside the EU? No. Am I for mindlessly ignoring the problems that are being caused in the EU and shirking responsibility? No. What is your solution to the refugee crisis Zamo? Teach them how to swim back?

I am for providing temporary camps on the borders of the countries they are attempting to flee. We should provide refuge for them there until it is safe for them to return. We should not be bringing any of them to Europe and those who make their own way should he returned to a refugee camp back on the boarders.

People should only be allowed to settle here if they can help make a positive financial and social contribution i.e. a win for the migrant and those already here. If we do that then all the resentment being caused by immigration will ebb away and we will see the march towards nationalism and the far right stop. If we don't then that's where Europe is heading.

I honestly can't understand Germany's thinking on this. It is like putting a pyromaniac in charge of the matches.

Theres lot of demands for proof and documentation regarding peoples thoughts, but could it be that people simply don't want the immigrants here? Could it be that British people don't trust them? We dont know which ones are ISIS in disguise as asylum seekers? Seems a fair argument to me.

Theres lot of demands for proof and documentation regarding peoples thoughts, but could it be that people simply don't want the immigrants here? Could it be that British people don't trust them? We dont know which ones are ISIS in disguise as asylum seekers? Seems a fair argument to me.

Best tell David Cameron then,he knows who ISIS are,he's just ordered them to be killed,so presumably,when he's picking refugees from refugee camps,he knows who are ISIS there too.

You are clearly under the impression, with your attempt at sarcasm, that you are much more intelligent than you really are, so let me explain to you very simply what has happened.

Yes there was a war in Syria and yes lots of people were dying. Some places were absolutely decimated such as Yarmouk and people were suffering terribly. As is always the case in war, the poor suffered the worst as they literally had everything they owned destroyed and were left with nothing. Those who could get out, got out and in to neighbouring countries where they were placed in refugee camps. Many people fled to Lebanon and Jordan, but most entered Turkey as the nearest safe country.

This is where the story ends for the poor. They remained in the refugee camps in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon where they are currently safe from immediate death although in far from an ideal situation until they can return to their homes hopefully in the not too distant future.

The wealthier who could afford it decided not to stay in Turkey for economic reasons (you see, they were already safe in Turkey, and so their decision to move on for economic reasons makes them ECONOMIC MIGRANTS. Understand yet?) Many of them paid large amounts of money to smugglers who took them across to Greece (or the islands such as Lesbos) in small boats which were barely sea worthy. Many died as a result. Once in Greece the authorities attempted to register them but they did not want to stay in Greece because it was in economic crisis which they did not want to be involved in. They therefore moved north to FYROM and onwards through the countries which did not meet their economic criteria.

The Hungarian authorities desperately tried to process them when they arrived and yet they didn't want to be processed here as they did not think Hungary was rich enough. They forced their way through baracades and on to trains shouting 'Germany, Germany'. Sorry Hungary, not good enough. The left-wing media spun this appallingly, the BBC in particular showing images of Hungarian forces manhandling the 'refugees' who just wanted to be safe and warm (and in a country with a good GDP).

The migrants have been offered aid in every country they have come across so far, but have refused registration and physically forced themselves in to countries on their way to one which meets their economic criteria.

Now do you understand why these people are economic migrants? Just because you were once a refugee, it doesn't mean this label (with a legal definition in European law) stays with you forever, giving you catre blanche to do whatever the hell you like.

So, to answer your assumption, no these people are not escaping death and searching for safety. They were, but they weren't happy with it and so they moved on.

Stop swallowing what the mainstream media keep feeding you.

Idiot post. I could pick a thousand holes...hungary offered asylum? Please....you know nothing.

Idiot post. I could pick a thousand holes...hungary offered asylum? Please....you know nothing.

actually the post is about spot on they had chances to stop in a country but carried on most are wearing decent clothes have food and money . cameron is doing the correct thing and taking the refugees from source 25 k im happy with labour want 250k .

Why are government forces killing them?

If 10% of the British population tried to violently overthrow the government, would the government not be justified in the use of force to stop them?

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 15:28 ----------

Using all the EU foreign aid to fund the development of these safe-zones doesn't seem very fair on the millions of people world wide that depend on it of their clean water, food and medical aid.

They can see it as their contribution to helping this turmoil settle down.

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 16:14 ----------

I am for providing temporary camps on the borders of the countries they are attempting to flee. We should provide refuge for them there until it is safe for them to return. We should not be bringing any of them to Europe and those who make their own way should he returned to a refugee camp back on the boarders.

People should only be allowed to settle here if they can help make a positive financial and social contribution i.e. a win for the migrant and those already here. If we do that then all the resentment being caused by immigration will ebb away and we will see the march towards nationalism and the far right stop. If we don't then that's where Europe is heading.

I honestly can't understand Germany's thinking on this. It is like putting a pyromaniac in charge of the matches.

So basically we agree, except that I am of the opinion that those that have come here or are coming here need to be distributed across the EU for processing rather than being cooped up on islands/areas in the med that are being destroyed because of this.

Opening the door to these hundreds of thousands of people is a step too far. If our response has to be greater international involvement in sorting out crises than that should be our response, but attracting these people so they can 'improve' their lives without checks and balances on where they do that is wrong, we can not accommodate all the people from every warzone/messed up place on the planet without these checks and balances in the EU. What we need, more than anything is a united EU that gets to grips with this reality and sorts things out. If the UN is a limiting factor, than we need to go outside the UN.

It is also time that the EU took over the mantle as global leaders, we are in terms of economy, we can be in terms of being the global force for good, so let's integrate the armies and foreign responses.