Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

There was nothing to correct,

Margarita Ma is correct. Millions of people did stay in a war torn countries throughout Europe during world war two. Some left but only a minority, the majority stayed put, just as they have in Syria, only a minority have left the country, the vast majority of Syrians are still in Syria.

She inferred that the movement of people from Syria is atypical based on the fact that during WW2 we did not see similar mass-movement. Which is wrong, we saw movement on an unprecedented scale.

She inferred that the movement of people from Syria is atypical based on the fact that during WW2 we did not see similar mass-movement. Which is wrong, we saw movement on an unprecedented scale.

Did she? I thought she was responding to this.

Great! On the other hand, risking your life to stay in a war-torn country doesn't sound like the best of fun.

By accurately claiming that millions of people lived in war-torn countries during the war. The mass movement of people during the war was also women and children, but they didn't leave the country. The mass movement of people from Syria and other Islamic countries appears to be young men or fighting age with the occasional women and child. I would expect to see millions of women and children leaving these countries, not millions of young men leaving. So unless the media is intentionally not filming women and children I can only assume that they have stayed in their own countries.

By accurately claiming that millions of people lived in war-torn countries during the war. The mass movement of people during the war was also women and children, but they didn't leave the country. The mass movement of people from Syria and other Islamic countries appears to be young men or fighting age with the occasional women and child. I would expect to see millions of women and children leaving these countries, not millions of young men leaving. So unless the media is intentionally not filming women and children I can only assume that they have stayed in their own countries.

What is your point? Are you attempting to suggest that the situation you describe above means something in particular, or informs the way we should deal with people?

She did, which is exactly where the inference starts...

Britain supported getting rid of Assad in Syria so it's only right that we take in refugees from there as well as Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

Yep too right. And after we got rid of hitler we should have opened our doors to all of Germany. Hell yes, let's let everyone in from all over the world who lives in a failed country until this country becomes like the rest of them.

#nirvana.