Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

I see EU ministers have failed to agree on how many refugees each country should take, they've acted with characteristic vigour, sprung in to action and are calling for another meeting. Typical bloody Germans welcoming one week then want to get rid of them when they're on their sun beds.

We don't see the same pattern across the Muslim world. The Muslim world remains intolerant, factional and violent. The poor are many and they really are poor. The worst places are where the migrants and refugees are coming from and I, like most people, don't welcome the cultural practices and beliefs they bring with them because they are the mother of the dysfunctionality they flee. Couple that with a massive financial burden and it is a big 'no thank you' from most people.

It is a reality that is dangerous to ignore.

Have you spoken to any Syrian refugees lately? A family friend who works with Medecine Sans Frontieres was in Serbia and Greece for three weeks this summer and reports some of the refugees have firmly turned their back on Islam, it is after all the Islamic State trying to kill them.

I'd also like to know how many second and third generation Pakistani people you know, because none of them that I know are 'intolerant, factional and violent'. The older generations I have met aren't either.

This is the key to the problem in the EU I fear. Integration. It seems many feel it is their duty to disengage from the rest of the none muslim society as much as possible by creating little enclaves mirroring outside cultures and territories. The Sharia Law patrols in a London borough is a good example. It seems the people who integrate the least are the least tolerant themselves.

You do know the "Sharia Law patrols" were in fact five bored teenagers who all have been sentenced?

I see EU ministers have failed to agree on how many refugees each country should take, they've acted with characteristic vigour, sprung in to action and are calling for another meeting. Typical bloody Germans welcoming one week then want to get rid of them when they're on their sun beds.

The Germans need to make their mind up, but Germany itself is divided in states, some Eastern and poor, some Southern and rich, some Northwestern and divided either way. Merkel jumped in feet first and is now beginning to get the backlash. The Germans are right though, the Eastern European states need to take their share, but they are about as tolerant as muslims. (joke!)

Being a refugee isn't a crime; wanting your children to grow up in peace isn't a crime, fleeing war and persecution isn't a crime.

How long and how many safe countries are you allowed to enter before you loose the status of refugee and become a migrant.

Hungary as done the correct thing as the only border which they have fenced off is the border with a non E U state Serbia and they should be treated as migrants as they are attempting to leave somewhere which is safe for somewhere they think that they will have a better quality of life.

This is not wrong but they have to do it by the rules and regulations of the country that they wish to enter even if it is only to transit that country

When you are seeking sanctuary and help you should not refuse it if because it is not exactly what you would like or where you would like to be.

Looks like they are:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/14/refugee-crisis-eu-governments-set-to-back-new-internment-camps

European governments are aiming to deny the right of asylum to innumerable refugees by funding and building camps for them in Africa and elsewhere outside the European Union.

But they won't need asylum in Europe, they will have got somewhere safe and been able to claim asylum in Africa or elsewhere. Sounds like a plan at long last.

What about those that have already crossed borders ?

As in crossed illegally into a country by breaking in? Well they'd be illegal then. Just because some people had got away with it doesn't make it right.

@Halibut and I1L2T3- you are lone voices in a sea of condemnation. Your tenacity in sticking with your views is laudable. You both seem compassionate and want everyone to have a chance of a better life. However, it would be interesting to know how you see this problem unfolding and what Europe can do in a moral and practical sense. Do you think that they should continue to accept millions of people from not only Syria but all over Africa? If so, do you truly think that the rights of these people outweighs the safety, security, welfare and cultural identity of citizens of the European union? Can you admit to this?

It is thought that among these immigrants are IS infiltrators. With this, the threat of deaths and warfare in Europe comes ever closer. The one country that doesn't seem to have IS terrorists is Japan and you don't have to look far to see why.

Morally we have a clear duty to help refugees. For what it's worth I think that Cameron did as much as the public would tolerate in this country. I would like us to take more genuine refugees but have to be pragmatic on what can reasonably be achieved.

As for what has happened on the continent the moment that the Germans said they could cope with 500,000 a year the game changed. A potentially manageable flow of maybe 10,000 a week turned into a flood of nearly 15,000 a day with more departing in from their camps in the middle East as soon as they heard the news. The Germans were very irresponsible to make those announcements because it was known that the routes are perilous and getting worse with winter approaching. Even worse they must have had plans to exit Schengen and they must have known about the EU funded camps in Africa - another thing I have to say Cameron got right after all.

Lastly on the ISIS/extremist issue my view is they are already here in significant numbers, most of them home grown. Focusing on that is a scare story that doesn't help.

It's fair to say this is all totally unprecedented in recent European history. As it unfolds peoples' views will alter. Mine have, a little bit.

The Germans need to make their mind up, but Germany itself is divided in states, some Eastern and poor, some Southern and rich, some Northwestern and divided either way. Merkel jumped in feet first and is now beginning to get the backlash. The Germans are right though, the Eastern European states need to take their share, but they are about as tolerant as muslims. (joke!)

Good grief I need a drink. We agree on the first part, Germany sent out the message that all were welcome and the inevitable happened, then found they couldn't cope.

Morally we have a clear duty to help refugees. For what it's worth I think that Cameron did as much as the public would tolerate in this country. I would like us to take more genuine refugees but have to be pragmatic on what can reasonably be achieved.

As for what has happened on the continent the moment that the Germans said they could cope with 500,000 a year the game changed. A potentially manageable flow of maybe 10,000 a week turned into a flood of nearly 15,000 a day with more departing in from their camps in the middle East as soon as they heard the news. The Germans were very irresponsible to make those announcements because it was known that the routes are perilous and getting worse with winter approaching. Even worse they must have had plans to exit Schengen and they must have known about the EU funded camps in Africa - another thing I have to say Cameron got right after all.

Lastly on the ISIS/extremist issue my view is they are already here in significant numbers, most of them home grown. Focusing on that is a scare story that doesn't help.

It's fair to say this is all totally unprecedented in recent European history. As it unfolds peoples' views will alter. Mine have, a little bit.

I'm impressed. That is very magnanimous of you. Genuinely I'm impressed.