Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

If a Syrian Baby is born in Germany, does it make it German?

Children born on or after 1 January 2000 to non-German parents acquire German citizenship at birth if at least one parent:

has a permanent residence permit and

has been residing in Germany for at least eight years.

---------- Post added 17-09-2015 at 13:08 ----------

Hungarian police using water cannons is totally unacceptable...I hear they are on the march for safe passage through serbia and croatia.

Why? What should the police have done when faced with thrown bricks and physical attack?

Edited by Berberis

Migrants assaulting a legitimate border controlling force of a European member state to force they way past is totally unacceptable.

Hungary is a sovereign state, access to that state is regulated by both national and European statutes. Migrants from Syria, Ira, Sudan, Yemen are no more entitled to waltz in and through as they please, as any other non-European non-refugees citizen.

15 all, ball's in your court.

I hear Croatia has started erecting its own border fencing, and all of France, Germany and the Benelux countries (at least) are operating reinforced checks along their borders.

Schengen is finished. Well done to all who have privileged and keep privileging sentiment over the rule of law, because that one lies at your feet, and it's not as if enough of us didn't try to tell you.

No one is saying dont protect borders...youre missing the point.

The UN are not happy with the way this was handled at all, inhumanely. Women and kids were in the video I saw...not a good look for hungary.

---------- Post added 17-09-2015 at 13:12 ----------

Why? What should the police have done when faced with thrown bricks and physical attack?

So you turn water cannons on kids and women?

Remember, whatever Hungary does, it remains the bad guy of the infantile narrative the corporate hacks use.

First, It was lambasted for delaying the transit of migrants across its territory. Now, that it lays on trains and takes them to the Austrian Border (which is where they all want to go) , the journalists describe it as "dumps them on the Austrian border".

If they go the Croatia route then theyll have to get through Slovenia and into Austria where the Alps will be a massive hurdle.

More likely to try to get through Croatia/Hungary border once in which is longer and harder to protect,either that or there will be more boats making the trip to Italy across the Adriatic sea.

No one is saying dont protect borders...youre missing the point.

The UN are not happy with the way this was handled at all, inhumanely. Women and kids were in the video I saw...not a good look for hungary.

---------- Post added 17-09-2015 at 13:12 ----------

So you turn water cannons on kids and women?

Sensible parents don't put their kids in harms way. There are still border controls and if they have rights to asylum they will be able to enter. I imagine that you behave appropriately when you go to the airport and don't try to dodge security? If you have to abide by rules why should these people not?

The kids and women shouldnt have been at the front.

No sensible person with their child would be.

Covered in a previous post.

It was Hungary that declared a 'state of high emergency'...a few days ago they put on a coach for walkers...now they blast them with water cannons.

do they think these migrants will just turn back and go home?

---------- Post added 17-09-2015 at 13:30 ----------

Sensible parents don't put their kids in harms way. There are still border controls and if they have rights to asylum they will be able to enter. I imagine that you behave appropriately when you go to the airport and don't try to dodge security? If you have to abide by rules why should these people not?

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has said he is "shocked" after Hungarian police fired tear gas and water cannon to force migrants back from its border.

Mr Ban said such treatment of asylum seekers was "unacceptable".

I agree with this statement...

Whatever Merkel said or meant gave the impression to thousands and thousands of migrants from many countries that they would be welcome in Germany . #bigmistake

Foolish Germans. I really cannot think of a more obviously stupid government decision in my lifetime. Merkel needs to be kicked out of office for this. Look at the chaos this has caused. Think of the costs of welfare for these millions of Syrians and afghans over their lifetime.

If the government wants to be humanitarian, build or fund a refugee camp. Close to Syria. The refugee laws that were enacted in the 1940s are totally out of date in a world with billions more poverty stricken people with cell phones and full information on where the best benefits are. We need new laws and guidelines. And we need more walls, especially between Greece and Turkey.

Remember, whatever Hungary does, it remains the bad guy of the infantile narrative the corporate hacks use.

First, It was lambasted for delaying the transit of migrants across its territory. Now, that it lays on trains and takes them to the Austrian Border (which is where they all want to go) , the journalists describe it as "dumps them on the Austrian border".

Let people pass through territory then...who'd want to live in hungary anyway..its a dump.

---------- Post added 17-09-2015 at 13:33 ----------

a dump...run by fascist government.

---------- Post added 17-09-2015 at 13:40 ----------

Foolish Germans. I really cannot think of a more obviously stupid government decision in my lifetime. Merkel needs to be kicked out of office for this. Look at the chaos this has caused. Think of the costs of welfare for these millions of Syrians and afghans over their lifetime.

If the government wants to be humanitarian, build or fund a refugee camp. Close to Syria. The refugee laws that were enacted in the 1940s are totally out of date in a world with billions more poverty stricken people with cell phones and full information on where the best benefits are. We need new laws and guidelines. And we need more walls, especially between Greece and Turkey.

Some truth in that...and then in less than 10 years when all these migrants are nationalised they can go anywhere in europe...