Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

That's in Suttgart, Germany, in 2010. Them be German protesters, and the protest nothing what-so-ever to do with immigration or refugees themes.

I can trump that with photos of miners and steel workers striking against pit and factory closures and engaging in running battles with riot police in North East France, if you wish. Won't be any sweat (and will be much harder-hitting than a few luvvies getting roughed up by water cannons and gas: some of the riot cops in France must have felt they were fighting for their lives, as they didn't spare the truncheoning much). But it would be about as relevant to this debate as an orange is to the atomic weight of a fart.

So.

How's them answers coming?

Edited by L00b

It was Hungary that declared a 'state of high emergency'...a few days ago they put on a coach for walkers...now they blast them with water cannons.

do they think these migrants will just turn back and go home?

---------- Post added 17-09-2015 at 13:30 ----------

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has said he is "shocked" after Hungarian police fired tear gas and water cannon to force migrants back from its border.

Mr Ban said such treatment of asylum seekers was "unacceptable".

I agree with this statement...

migrants? i thought they were asylum seekers!

have you not noticed? people are getting fed up of this "spirit of europe"not only here in the uk but all over the EU.

yes why have an eu block at all? i agree why? all countries should be acting in their own interest otherwise we are offering an open door to the world:roll:

Even with the best will in the world it's impossible to process thousands of people a day and treat properly for more than a few days without a breakdown in the system. They also don't know the background of the people they are letting in and that's critical - especially when you think about what we have to go through in terms of security just to fly to another country

Nightmare scenario is about to unfold, ISIS has been given a golden opportunity to cause chaos and Mayhem in Europe !

why did you bring up the fact they are german?
Because your posts until your link to the 2010 Spiegel photos were all about the Middle-Eastern and African migrants caught at the Hungarian border, and yet those photos are of German people protesting about a development project that entirely unrelated to migration under any stretches of meaning.

Accordingly, I was pointing out the lack of relevance of these photos to the topic of the thread, as you're obviously trolling for all you're worth trying to get the thread closed.

Rest assured, you've now graduated to my ignore list (I was missing a spanner, it's looking like a proper little toolbox in there now), so at least there's one less poster to bite your diuretic efforts :thumbsup:

Im a troll for agreeing with both leader of UN and the serbian president?

It says a lot for the moral compass of some on here...

Blindly following a moral compass that points to Utopia is dumb because there are dangerous obstacles in the way that must be overcome or navigated around.

The reality remains that the majority of people are opposed to more migrants/refugees coming to Europe because they do not want to endure the financial and social cost. Images of drowned kids and feel-good speeches about the need for humanitarian heroics have generated a mist of sympathy but it will not last. In fact, we can practically see the mist of sympathy lifting as images of dead kids are replaced by images of rioting migrants storming borders. What's that I see before us? Oh crap, it's that obstacle and it is suddenly looking very big. :help: