Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

not scared!! but dislike the way our English culture is being eroded day by day and being diluted by the worlds waifs and strays, not wanted and not going to be accepted ever.

I think that British culture and how we live today is constantly changing & adapting. Incoming migrants are part of that change - but changes also happen due to technology, our economic system, influence of the media, trends etc.

Very few people seem to complain about other factors which impact on the culture.

One of things that I like about Britain is how lots of things are unstated, but I accept it leaves some people feeling anxious and under threat, which is a shame. I wouldn't like to go down the route of America, of UK citizens swearing allegiance to the flag & thinking that will suffice; but I do think that if we had our infrastructure sorted so that people could integrate, and a desire of people to help others integrate then it would be an improvement on what we have now.

---------- Post added 20-09-2015 at 13:27 ----------

All i can see from them is a massive sense of entitlement under a system that they have no say in and cant even vote for because they arent even a part of the eu!

The wishy washys all sat round a table and tried to prove to each other what jolly nice people they are and not racist at all and now we are all seeing the result of that.

P.I double S taking on a massive scale.

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 20:41 ----------

Duality at its finest!

If anyone else had said that youd have accused them of being racist!

Something like " what difference would it make if it wasnt","do you have a link" etc!

:hihi:

Edited by Mister M

What is about then? And how is it being diluted?

Explain.

Oh of course we English don't HAVE a culture; so it doesn't matter if other cultures are imported wholesale into England because what doesn't exist can't be diluted.

Which is the Liberal argument. Which is rubbish.

Let's turn it around. Instead of shouting "Define it! Define it!" who would like to say that England doesn't have a culture?

Oh of course we English don't HAVE a culture; so it doesn't matter if other cultures are imported wholesale into England because what doesn't exist can't be diluted.

Let's turn it around. Instead of shouting "Define it! Define it!" who would like to say that England doesn't have a culture?

I think we do have a culture, and from what I gather part of that culture (according to politicians from all parties) is this country offering a home for those fleeing persecution.

In the context of people fleeing from Syria, I think taking our fair share of those seeking asylim is part of our culture.

Would the anxieties of those who are concerned about those seeking asylum be allayed if incoming Syrians were taught about fundamental British values (e.g. rule of law etc.)?

I know we have a distinct culture and as far as I can see it's as strong as ever. Most immigrants assimilate to it over time.

I can't see how it's being diluted. I don't understand the argument at all and just want some examples. If anything it just seems like an irrational fear of an imagined future that will never happen.

So....what is going on?

What is it all about then?

Let's not worry about what it is with silly references to morris dancing.

Let's worry about what we don't want it to be.

Let's begin by looking at the culture that finds it acceptable to break into Britain and the EU illegally and with menaces. We can all agree that isn't British culture.

not scared!! but dislike the way our English culture is being eroded day by day and being diluted by the worlds waifs and strays, not wanted and not going to be accepted ever.

Tell us all about the English Culture that you can't enjoy anymore because it has been eroded.

---------- Post added 20-09-2015 at 13:27 ----------

Let's begin by looking at the culture that finds it acceptable to break into Britain and the EU illegally and with menaces. We can all agree that isn't British culture.

No,lets hear from those who say that it is being eroded,exactly what it is that has been eroded.

But there is criminality in all cultures.

Are you saying our culture is so weak it could be overpowered by 4,000 Syrian refugees a year?

No. But it isn't 4000 Syrian refugees is it.

But there is criminality in all cultures.

With a disproportionately alarming amount on display by migrants coming to the EU.

We're quite good at tolerance, but not so good when pushed too hard by people who don't respect that tolerance.

Edited by Eric Arthur