Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 14:18 ----------

She said refugees, there's a difference.

And I agree with her.

What type of Syrian refugees will UK have ? Syrians in regime areas,Syrians in rebel areas,Syrians in ISIS areas or Syrians christians and Syrian Kurds. peasant Syrians that will have problems with languages and integrations and easily radicalise by fanatical extremist in the UK.

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 14:21 ----------

What is the reason why the refugees from Syria do not stop in any of the following "safe" countries on route to the UK?

Jordan

Sudi Arabia

Bahrain

Qatar

U.A.E

Kewait

Iran

Lebanon

Turkmenistan

Armenia

Georgia

Turkey

Bulgaria

Greece

Romania

Croatia

Serbia

Slovenia

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Czech Republic

Slovakia

Hugary

Moldova

Macedonia

Switzerland

Austria

Poland

Belgium

France

In fact, China is closer to Syria than the UK.

as anybody mentioned Israel yet?:)

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 14:37 ----------

They are as my link points out but I must say using religion as a deciding factor as to wether to help them or not is disgraceful IMO.

you couldn't make this up :hihi:

Using religion as a deciding factor is exactly why all the Christian countries get targeted with Muslim refugees

Liberal christian societies accept multi-faith communities however the irony is, do muslims in such large numbers that they inevitably form 'ghettos', accept liberal values?

'If Islam is so great (you know the one your so proud to be part of), why don't they stay in their Islam run countries? '

Reason is religious differences, sectarian islamic religious differences which are tearing up ME.

Last note to emphasise, why are you letting potential suicide bombers, future terrorists into our country? What about all the Christians seeking asylum, you know the ones being murdered on a daily basis,

What type of Syrian refugees will UK have ? Syrians in regime areas,Syrians in rebel areas,Syrians in ISIS areas or Syrians christians and Syrian Kurds. peasant Syrians that will have problems with languages and integrations and easily radicalise by fanatical extremist in the UK.

There are no direct flights from Syria to the uk, which means all refugees must go through a safe country in order to reach to the UK. Once they reach a safe country they no longer need asylum from the danger they faced and their journey from that point on is one undertaken as an economic migrant.

The UK shouldn't be processing any Syrian asylum claims... they should be dismissed out of hand.

Do you have lots of asylum seekers staying with you at the moment or is it just one or two?

You've been asked to personally put them up too have you?..........how many families are you responsible for?...........half a dozen eh,I sympathize with you,all the trouble and inconvenience that you are being put through,and these are just trying to escape with their lives from a war,they don't know they're born do they.............you soldier on with them though,your life must be a living hell to have to put up with it.

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 16:50 ----------

Too right Zamo, that point has been made on here numerous times but hasn't been answered yet.

Too right,a guy on the next road to me got flooded out last week,and his next door never lifted a finger to help,i thought why should I bother helping him either if his closest neighbour wouldn't do anything,so I didn't......that showed 'em.

Edited by chalga

Too right,a guy on the next road to me got flooded out last week,and his next door never lifted a finger to help,i thought why should I bother helping him either if his closest neighbour wouldn't do anything,so I didn't......that showed 'em.

A better comparison would be that a neighbour had taken him in but he decided that he'd be even more comfortable at your house. He doesn't actually need refuge any more, he's just looking for an opportunity to improve his lot. He's an economic migrant.

Edited by Zamo

You've been asked to personally put them up too have you?..........how many families are you responsible for?...........half a dozen eh,I sympathize with you,all the trouble and inconvenience that you are being put through,and these are just trying to escape with their lives from a war,they don't know they're born do they.............you soldier on with them though,your life must be a living hell to have to put up with it.

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 16:50 ----------

I note you're still unable to answer my question chalga. Why would that be?

Too right Zamo, that point has been made on here numerous times but hasn't been answered yet.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/sep/21/claim-asylum-uk-legal-position

Key points :

The short answer is that anyone is allowed to claim asylum anywhere, but states may lawfully remove asylum seekers to safe third countries on the grounds that they could have claimed asylum there.

And

There is no obligation under the refugee convention or any other instrument of international law that requires refugees to seek asylum in any particular country. There has, however, been a longstanding "first country of asylum" principle in international law by which countries are expected to take refugees fleeing from persecution in a neighbouring state. This principle has developed so that, in practice, an asylum seeker who had the opportunity to claim asylum in another country is liable to be returned there in order for his or her claim to be determined.

This means that the obligation is on the state to decide if that action is appropriate, not the person seeking refuge.

Also

The mere fact that the person has passed through another country does not necessarily mean there was an opportunity to claim asylum; if an agent planned the journey and the person was hidden in a vehicle for the duration of it, for example, there is unlikely to have been any realistic opportunity for the person to approach the authorities.

Edited by ElasticMan

I note you're still unable to answer my question chalga. Why would that be?

Dead right pal,if your names not down,you aint coming in...........damn that Angela Merkel,why can't she just point at the map and tell them to get back to Greece,they should be dealing with this...........we are geographically watertight,don't you worry about that,it would need Columbo and Perry Mason to try and get us involved in this..........these 'geographically challenged' countries have a lot to answer for.........and them migrants,damn them for wanting a better life.