Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

It seems Cameron will now allow thousands of Syrian refugees into the UK. Plans to be revealed in the next few days

Common sense prevails at last. Thank goodness.

If some arrive in Sheffield I'll do everything I can to help them.

If true then it's very disappointing.

if thats the case then we as a country must be mad, totally stark raving bonkers and it will open the floodgates to the rest of the economic migrants from all corners because thats exactly what they are Migrants not refugees:roll:

The Syrians are refugees. Their homes, towns and villages, livelihoods have been destroyed.

that's pretty much how i see it. this knee jerker photo. lets just consider it. a family are not escaping from syria. they are already in turkey. the father loads them on an unseaworthy boat in order to make an illegal border crossing between 2 safe countries. so who is responsible for the deaths?

That would be their dad.

The Syrians are refugees. Their homes, towns and villages, livelihoods have been destroyed.

i agree until they reached a safe country, the first one, Turkey, Greece?? to go on further in unsafe overcrowded boats defies all logic and that is when they became economic migrants.

It seems Cameron will now allow thousands of Syrian refugees into the UK. Plans to be revealed in the next few days

Its not common sense, its caving in to the very loud minority.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 20:32 ----------

That doesn't make someone a refugee.

I strongly suspect that that help will benefit your ego and self worth but actually exacerbate the situation.

Selfish. Not selfless.

I strongly suspect that that help will benefit your ego and self worth but actually exacerbate the situation.

Selfish. Not selfless.

eh? That's actually quite a nasty judgmental attack there. You have no idea who I am.

As a family we've helped in the past. We'll help again.