Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

all these do gooders offering their homes , i heard 2 on the radio earlier i bet if it actually came to it and the authorities turned up with a family in tow and said "here you go" they would run a mile, they have only offered because they know damn well that for the Migrants /refugees whatever have to go through miles of red tape before that would happen:suspect:

So if I've got this right there's loads of red tape stopping a British person offering a home to a refugee family. Do you think there's not enough red tape in allowing refugees temporary leave to stay in UK?

all these do gooders offering their homes , i heard 2 on the radio earlier i bet if it actually came to it and the authorities turned up with a family in tow and said "here you go" they would run a mile, they have only offered because they know damn well that for the Migrants /refugees whatever have to go through miles of red tape before that would happen:suspect:

That's the English spirit we know and love.........one half are liars and have no intention of doing what they say,and the other half hate their guts for saying that they will do the things that they have no intention of doing.

offering is home in london and kent, hasn't he got any in ireland to spare:suspect:emma thomson's spouting off too ,I wonder if she'll be giving up her hollywood mansion?

I see the thompsons been spouting off...shes wrong of course. Its the fact these migrants are **** poor rather than the colour of their skin. And I guess shes never heard of austerity.

Because they are not housed in the comfortable middle class suburbs of Dore, Totley, Ranmoor, Broomhill, Lodge Moor. They are put in Burngreave, Darnall, Page Hall, Fir Vale, Shiregreen/cliffe/hall . He knows that. You know that.

Well in responding to the crisis in Syria, we must lobby and fight to ensure that nice middle class areas should be prioritised for housing those in crisis.

There's loads of people who don't want people from war zones,whether there was any room or not.

I can't speak for them, I don't know them, but I might think they feel like they have been ignored by political parties over the last so many years, I have zero problem with accepting people fleeing war zones coming here for sanctuary from war, at the same time I now see a country struggling to cope with a large influx of people from safe countries like , Romania, Poland, Slovenia etc. Our resources are thinner now we can't help as much, I know out of the 2 groups which deserve our help but that changes nothing as we can't send people back to eastern Europe to free up those houses etc

250,000?

Did she sound sober at all?

Can't you just tell there's no election of any meaningful size coming up anytime soon.

Some politicians out to out-rethoric all others really deserve a hard slap reality check.

You could argue that if we left the EU, actually had some control over our borders we could probably accommodate them.

<<retires to a safe distance>>

You could argue that if we left the EU, actually had some control over our borders we could probably accommodate them.

<<retires to a safe distance>>

Have you gone and thought about this, instead of just making stuff up on the go ?

Utter madness, that might work , we can't be doing that !