Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

Grow up and get real. There are billions of people who live in poverty and have a generally rough life. We can't possibly take them all in.

Nobody is saying we should.

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 22:49 ----------

The cause of the problem is one group of people not wanting to live with another group of people because they have slightly different beliefs.

Violence is the only way to stop the spread of IS and the only way to remove dictators from power.

That's a rather sugar-coated way to describe an extensive civil war that has destroyed cities, killed hundreds of thousands and displaced millions

Many of the so-called refugees aren't fleeing war torn countries, they've already fled them. Having reached safety, they decide to risk their lives in the hope of reaching richer countries, making them economic migrants by definition. Indeed, the tragic case of the boy who drowned is, reportedly, due to trying to flee the safety of Turkey where the family had been safe for several months.

They need help!

I will help because one day I may need help myself...and it seems you will just find excuses and reasons not to.

We are all free to make our own choices as well as to hold our own opinions on each other for making those choices.

Not wanting to sound silly ron, but for what other reason are these people fleeing?

People on here think it's as simple as getting them over in their thousands, then putting a roof over their heads. Social services who are overworked and underfunded will bear the brunt, (mental health issues) as well as the NHS. Don't even get started on school places and the welfare system.

Can we leave the politics and bureaucracy aside for now - not ignore it cos it will have to be sorted out but let's save some lives whilst that's happening - is there anywhere in Sheffield is collecting to help provide these people with clothing etc as I have stuff I want to donate and can't find anything online? On here usually someone knows.

Can we leave the politics and bureaucracy aside for now - not ignore it cos it will have to be sorted out but let's save some lives whilst that's happening - is there anywhere in Sheffield is collecting to help provide these people with clothing etc as I have stuff I want to donate and can't find anything online? On here usually someone knows.

Try these guys: http://www.nrcentre.org.uk/

We've donated toys and nursery equipment over the years.

lots of groups set up Ann - this one is local in Sheffield:

https://www.facebook.com/events/949668518431350/permalink/954009057997296/

Refugee list

PEOPLE are asking what we do and don;t need in terms of URGENCY ..soooo here ya go THAAAANK YOU GOOD CITIZENS

What we BADLY need: TENTS, COVERS, TARPAULIN JACKETS: size SMALL and MEDIUM only TRAVELLING BAGS SOCKS CANDLES or other lighting implements BELTS

What we ALWAYS need: Tracksuit trousers Jeans size 28-32 Blankets Sleeping bags Soap Shampoo Toothbrushes Toothpaste Plastic bags Woolly hats Pants Pots Pans Food Rice Pasta Tinned goods Oil Tomato paste

What we DO NOT need: WOMEN and CHILDREN’S CLOTHES or SHOES Sheets Pillows Suits Town Shoes

People on here think it's as simple as getting them over in their thousands, then putting a roof over their heads. Social services who are overworked and underfunded will bear the brunt, (mental health issues) as well as the NHS. Don't even get started on school places and the welfare system.

I showed an African family a flat in stratford,E london today,they thought everything was free,they were livid at no free mobiles,or tv,no white goods or microwave,wheres our free laptops and computer,uk pays for floor coverings and beds,and when does free money from wall come?

When i told her a few home truths,her reply was " I wish id not made this journey,i endanger my life and my childrens for nothing,i would be better off back home"

I showed an African family a flat in stratford,E london today,they thought everything was free,they were livid at no free mobiles,or tv,no white goods or microwave,wheres our free laptops and computer,uk pays for floor coverings and beds,and when does free money from wall come?

When i told her a few home truths,her reply was " I wish id not made this journey,i endanger my life and my childrens for nothing,i would be better off back home"

Is this true?