Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

How do you know they are 'refugees' and not migrants?

What special power do you possess that I don't have that enabled you to determine someone's status?

What special power do you have that enables you to know they are economic migrants?

There is a war going on in Syria. The 4 million refugees never left Syria before the war. Since the war they have left Syria because their homes, cities and livelihoods have been destroyed. The people are refugees fleeing from that war.

It should be really simple to understand.

Which leads me to ask - What motivates you then?

You must have some reason for wanting to celebrate the demise of your country's demographic make-up.

When did I say I was going to celebrate,,,,,,,,,er,anything?.............hang on a bit......Look into my eyes,look into my eyes,not around the eyes....you're under

:D

I have seen more compassion shown on pet threads than on this one, some of the posters against giving sanctuary to these people need to hang their heads in shame.

Forget religion and colour and remember that we are all humans although I believe it's because these people are not white that is the real issue.

:rolleyes:

ill ask you again how do you think we can sort the problems out in the countries there fleeing from :huh:

What special power do you have that enables you to know they are economic migrants?

There is a war going on in Syria. The 4 million refugees never left Syria before the war. Since the war they have left Syria because their homes, cities and livelihoods have been destroyed. The people are refugees fleeing from that war.

It should be really simple to understand.

If the war has being going on for four years - why are they flooding Europe now? I argue that the Germans have stirred it up by announcing a free-for-all to enter Germany.

They are coming to us so they should prove they are genuine. Why should the UK government have to disprove a claimant for asylum is not genuine?

When people in the UK claim a benefit, they have to prove they are eligible for it. Why special rules for foreigners...........is it racist?

Which leads me to ask - What motivates you then?

You must have some reason for wanting to celebrate the demise of your country's demographic make-up.

---------- Post added 05-09-2015 at 17:55 ----------

SOURCE please?

450,000 Syrian christians displaced by the war:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

---------- Post added 05-09-2015 at 18:07 ----------

If the war has being going on for four years - why are they flooding Europe now? I argue that the Germans have stirred it up by announcing a free-for-all to enter Germany.

They are coming to us so they should prove they are genuine. Why should the UK government have to disprove a claimant for asylum is not genuine?

When people in the UK claim a benefit, they have to prove they are eligible for it. Why special rules for foreigners...........is it racist?

It has reached a tipping point.

Pretty well explained here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/04/syrian-refugee-crisis-why-has-it-become-so-bad

They haven't left Syria to come to the UK for benefits!!

450,000 Syrian christians displaced by the war:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

---------- Post added 05-09-2015 at 18:07 ----------

It has reached a tipping point.

Pretty well explained here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/04/syrian-refugee-crisis-why-has-it-become-so-bad

They haven't left Syria to come to the UK for benefits!!

Thanks for posting the link. There's a lot of information on there so I can't find the figure you have quoted but I'll have a look later today or tomorrow. I did notice the number of deaths though: 220,000, which is a lot.

I don't believe the Guardian but thanks for your effort in posting anyway.

---------- Post added 05-09-2015 at 18:13 ----------

48% youth unemployment in Spain, 51% in Greece, 31% in Portugal, 40% in Italy. We don't need 800,000 migrants pitching up.

Exactly, but that's racist you know - you shouldn't be pointing out the obvious.

In a way they are coming to the west for benefits. They are leaving safe countries such as Greece/Hungary/Turkey and moving across Europe because of the economic situation. They do this because they believe that food, housing, health care, education etc will be given free of charge (which it will). Surely these benefits are exactly why they are coming into Europe? It is naive to think otherwise. Many will remain a burden on the state for years to come, especially the ones who have large families.

Edited by Jomie