Cheesy student nights on any day other than mon/weds?

MikkeyP

Hi guys,

I'm a student at sheffield uni (1st year) and enjoy the cheese at kingdom on mondays/wednesdays and gatecrasher also on mondays + wednesdays.

But atm it seems theres nowhere decent to go on any other day.

Tuesdays kingdom is shut, and gatecrasher is layed (dont really like the music and the atmosphere is too serious).

Thursdays kingdom is RnB night. Me + a mate went in a few weeks back and everyone just stared at us, i dont think we fitted in :P

Gatecrasher is ok on thursday, and cavendish do vodka+redbull deals beforehand :D

Fridays + saturdays seem to be expensive everywhere and you dont get many students out around town, its more locals and working people, which i dont mind of course, i'd just rather be with students :)

It's just a bit of a shame since all my lectures are on tuesdays and thursdays!!

Also, instead of starting a new thread:

I'm into euphoric trance, like ibiza style/ crasher / godskitchen/ ferry corsten / armin van buuren / oakenfold. Not quite the cheesy commercial vocal trance they sometimes play in GC1 / kingdom, but not going into hard house / scouse house either. Something uplifting but not too cheesy. Anyone know of any nights / clubs that would match this?

hi im at sheff uni, i can help with the cheese nights!

what about poptarts at uni?

the best cheese night is stardust at hallam on a friday (even though im not at hallam u can still go). its great and cheap! also sheff1 at hallam on a saturday is quite good too

Originally posted by MikkeyP

Also, instead of starting a new thread:

I'm into euphoric trance, like ibiza style/ crasher / godskitchen/ ferry corsten / armin van buuren / oakenfold. Not quite the cheesy commercial vocal trance they sometimes play in GC1 / kingdom, but not going into hard house / scouse house either. Something uplifting but not too cheesy. Anyone know of any nights / clubs that would match this?

Crasher (obviously), Filth, Pause

Well I'm a former shef uni student (left 2002) and miss those cheesy nights. I've 2 suggestions:

1) Frouk (Friday) and Poptart (Sat) in Sheffield Student Union are both amazing nights. Super student nights. Relaxed FUN.

2) Go to as many nights as you can and make your own mind up!

Im a hallam student and would definatley recommend stardust at our union on a friday, it was always a sell out. Sheff1 on a saturday is full of cheese but doesnt really bring in the crowds. Things may have changed im on my placement at the moment so not sure how things are doing.

Yeah, I went a couple of weeks ago, same sort of time, still had a queue, but it was cheap b4 11- only a couple of quid!

Loads of girls, shame there's no women :(

(I know, what do you expect at a student night.. Only went to see a couple of mates.)

Archived