State ownership of companies

Of course they should. Care workers should get more than they should, it's an awful job.

All you have to do is write to George osbourne and tell how much more tax you'd like to pay (and everyone else as well) or how much more you'd like a litre of fuel to be (double? More?) and we could all have the NHS of our dreams. In fact, if we brought care homes and social care in general into the mix we'd probably end up working for them!

Surely we can just collect more from the magic money tree.

Or, I know, let's put the top tax rate up sky high. Worked so well before. That mass exodus of rich folk from France when they tried it was probably just a coincidence.

EMT's and paramedics deal with life threatening decisions and are highly trained healthcare professionals. As do nurses. Both higher education qualified professionals.

Ask any qualified and experience nurse what goes on, dont take my word for it.

any nurses in the house?

3 in family. Not counting friends (which include further nurses, senior headshrink, GP and consultants).

If you can't discuss healthcare professionals without constantly injecting emotion into it, I'm not sure I want to carry on discussing them with you, TJ.

Edited by L00b

3 in family. Not counting friends (which include further nurses, senior headshrink, GP and consultants).

If you can't discuss healthcare professionals without constantly injecting emotion into it, I'm not sure I want to carry on discussing them with you, TJ.

me too.

I wondered if there is any nurses on the forum who can give us a more detailed view?

---------- Post added 10-08-2015 at 16:35 ----------

Surely we can just collect more from the magic money tree.

Or, I know, let's put the top tax rate up sky high. Worked so well before. That mass exodus of rich folk from France when they tried it was probably just a coincidence.

why do i detect a hint of sarcasm in your post? :hihi:

That mass exodus of rich folk from France when they tried it was probably just a coincidence.

You really should try and stick to facts, as I understand the population in France has gone up, almost the same rate as in the UK; but the population in Germany has gone down.

I believe lower tax receipts in France would be down to tax avoidance. I would be interested to know if you have any facts, about the statement above.

You really should try and stick to facts, as I understand the population in France has gone up, almost the same rate as in the UK; but the population in Germany has gone down.

I believe lower tax receipts in France would be down to tax avoidance. I would be interested to know if you have any facts, about the statement above.

Courtesy of L00b:

Recent article by Les Echos based on results of a FoI-like inquiry with the French tax office, reprised Le Nouvel Obs: 3 times more tax payers left France between 2011 and 2013 than previously, which translated as a tax income loss estimated at between €5.4bn and €7.4bn for the French government (attributable to the 0.3% of taxpayers who left...ouch! :o)

Official stats show that 10 % of households account for 70 % of income tax receipts.

In 2012, 16% went to Switzerland, then Belgium and the UK (12%), then the US (9%), Morocco (5%) and Italy (3%).

Contributing factors are the withdrawal of the 'tax shield' and the introduction of an 'exceptional tax' on wages over €250,000 in 2011, the introduction of a new 45% tax rate on wages over €151,000 and the announcement of the 75% tax by Hollande in 2012.

Posted for context and future reference.

I almost agree with that point, but you said "mass exodus of rich folk", did you just invent that, or repeat what you read in the Daily Mail?

Rich folk are rare. A mass exodus is not going to significantly affect population numbers, but it certainly affects tax revenue.

Courtesy of L00b:

I cannot read french, is it like the Daily Mail, or the Huffington Post, or maybe the BBC?

---------- Post added 10-08-2015 at 17:29 ----------

Rich folk are rare. A mass exodus is not going to significantly affect population numbers, but it certainly affects tax revenue.

I guess David Cameron will put a stop to those incomers from Calais ;)

Where do teachers fit in this brave new world? Over half of newly qualified teacher leave the profession in the first 5 years. Comparatively few teachers manage to complete 40 years, many taking early or ill-health retirement because they're worn out.

What is certain is the steady rise in the number of emigrants across all sections of society, from young people looking for jobs to entrepreneurs to pensioners.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/french-say-au-revoir-to-france-over-two-million-french-people-now-live-abroad-and-most-are-crossing-the-channel-and-heading-to-london-9788348.html