State ownership of companies

That's what I thought, but according to some doom-mongers on here, Iran can hide nuclear weapons from UN observers complete with monitoring and detection equipment in under 24 days.

I'll last longer than that in me cellar.

Fissile material is not easy to detect. The half life of uranium is about 4 billion years, so it's not like it glows in the dark.

Iran would rather give the game away by performing a test detonation. That would be hard to miss with modern spy technology.

They won't do that until they're 99.9% certain that they're ready. I have no idea how far they've got. They've obviously not been able to pick up enough fissile material on the black market otherwise they wouldn't be spending so much time messing around with centrifuges for enriching Uranium.

They're not hiding the fact that they have such centrifuges, but they claim to be enriching for electricity generating plants and it would be next to impossible to prove otherwise.

Edited by unbeliever