Mind the Gap Please

F. Sidebottom

Chatting with a blade pal of mine over the weekend following on from the Wednesday win and United defeat, it brought round the discussion about the gap between the teams in league position - what with the Owls in 4th in the 2nd tier and the Blades at the foot of the third.

This equals 44 places.

Without scouring through history books and stats, we couldn't decide what the biggest gap between the teams had ever been.

So that's the question. What has been the biggest league position gap that has existed between the teams before? This is from both perspectives - the Owls above the blades, and the other way round.

:thumbsup:

Chatting with a blade pal of mine over the weekend following on from the Wednesday win and United defeat, it brought round the discussion about the gap between the teams in league position - what with the Owls in 4th in the 2nd tier and the Blades at the foot of the third.

This equals 44 places.

Without scouring through history books and stats, we couldn't decide what the biggest gap between the teams had ever been.

So that's the question. What has been the biggest league position gap that has existed between the teams before? This is from both perspectives - the Owls above the blades, and the other way round.

:thumbsup:

Around 1867;)

Taking out the positions,I think the biggest gap was a few years ago when Wednesday nearly went bust and got hauled up in front of a judge and told to sort themselves out.....at least we've never been anywhere near that position.

Taking out the positions,I think the biggest gap was a few years ago when Wednesday nearly went bust and got hauled up in front of a judge and told to sort themselves out.....at least we've never been anywhere near that position.

"Nearly went bust"....but didnt

"Sort themselves out"....we have.