The politicians of today are an insult to you and me

Can I start by saying: this topic is not in support of any political party, or against a particular one.

It is written with as much neutrality as possible … so please keep your personal ideology and support on one side …, and try and see why I consider the politicians of today behave in a way that doesn’t make sense, counter-productive, …. and soon they will be history.

I do however believe that we do need politicians, but politicians who show respect to our intelligence.

Look at this and you will understand my point: please try and follow the logic

1 - The other day we heard Tony Blair publicly saying that he was not in favour of selecting Jeremy Corbyn as leader to the Labour Party.

Fine, so far so good, TB is free to say what he likes

2 - TB’s ex-right hand man, Alastair Campbell, recently said, publicly, Choose anyone but Jeremy Corbyn for Labour leader.

Fine, so far so good, everyone is free to say what they like, I have no problem with that!

But because they both expressed their feelings not privately, but publicly, that means they are trying to have an influence on a wider scale.

Again, that is also fine since everyone can do acceptable things publicly and try and influence whoever they wish .. I even say to them good luck!

But when you see a piece on the BBC titled: Why is Tony Blair so unpopular? , …., well, things start not making sense ….., well,

Look at it this way: if someone is not only (( unpopular )), but actually (( soooo unpopular )), his attack on selecting Jeremy Corbyn would most likely encourage more people to select the very one he is actually against.

Isn’t he clever?

I am sorry to say it is a big insult to my little brain … and feel I probably deserved it

Let's hope they ignore TB's advice and vote for Corbyn. I've paid my 3£. I know who I'll be voting for.

Voting for Corbyn is an excellent way of seeing that we get a good PM after the next election. i.e. Boris Johnson. I approve.

Edited by unbeliever

I'd say Alistair was definitely a politician, unelected technically, politician none the less.

SOME of the politicians we have are without a doubt an insult. Some of them are two faced underhanded, hypocritical, devious, career minded, selfish, self serving, thieving, egotistical..etc

I'd say Alistair was definitely a politician, unelected technically, politician none the less.

SOME of the politicians we have are without a doubt an insult. Some of them are two faced underhanded, hypocritical, devious, career minded, selfish, self serving, thieving, egotistical..etc

Then don't vote for them.

Oh my! What an insightful point you make.

The character flaws and machinations of the worst kind of politicians generally aren't touted on their campaign trails.

That's why we have journalists, and competing politicians to point them out; and standards of openness so it's hard to keep nasty secrets.

I think primary elections would help.

Candidates could be chosen by entire local party membership from a short-list.

Let's hope they ignore TB's advice and vote for Corbyn. I've paid my 3£. I know who I'll be voting for.

Change of heart, or cynical ploy that devalues the democratic process Ron?

Be careful what you wish for, you may inadvertently put in place the best leader this country has seen in years.