Ex Pats.job Situation Abroad?

kevd

Property in Florida is cheaper than U.K. but nowhere near the quality,If you'rea bit low on cash you'll probably live in a mobile home. Like most countries taken over by the right wing governments jobs and essentials are hard to come by. If I was young I would look very seriously at South America.

Property in Florida is cheaper than U.K. but nowhere near the quality,If you'rea bit low on cash you'll probably live in a mobile home. Like most countries taken over by the right wing governments jobs and essentials are hard to come by. If I was young I would look very seriously at South America.

Is'nt Alaska Suppose to be the U.S place to go ,I've seen doc's on it, and if only i was 40-50 yrs younger,I do wish they'd stop stealing our salmon though.Please take this as a friendly warning ,the subs we got from Britian are now up and running and we will be armed(with what i dont know ?)

You would have to state what your skills are before anyone can advise you on the job situation.

The best thing to do if you are considering Canada would be to contact Canada immigration in London and ask what skills would qualify you to enter the country.

Cynthia, Ontario, Canada.

Hi there, im a fully skilled welder, sheetmetal worker.Im married with a couple of teenage kids.My wife is a carer with handicapped people.Wev spoke about moving abroad ,in deed canada was one of our choices.Were both in our early 40s, any ideas. cheers brooksy:thumbsup:

You would have to state what your skills are before anyone can advise you on the job situation.

The best thing to do if you are considering Canada would be to contact Canada immigration in London and ask what skills would qualify you to enter the country.

Cynthia, Ontario, Canada.

Cynthia's statement is worth repeating: however, don't take everything the Canadian Immigration tell you about job prospects as absolute gospel. Nice conscientious people but things can change rapidly and they may not always bee 100% up to speed with the latest employment trends.

With the skills you mentioned, You should not have a problem finding work. My experience (over 40 years) in engineering is that Canadian companies don't train enough local (Canadian) people to fill all the jobs. Somehow, they have managed to convince sucessive provincial governments that it is not their job. (Yes, the're cheap).

Therefore Canada, and specifically Ontario, have traditionally relied on bringing skilled people from overseas. In the 30 years after World War 2, it was mainly from Europe (I was one) but lately, from further afield.

If you want to get a idea of job prospects in, say, the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), you might want to subscribe to a local newspaper, such as the Globe and Mail or Toronto Star. Both papers have on-line editions; however, these may not have the level of detail that you need.

Regards

Thanks for your info.Please keep them coming in.Basically i am looking to retrain in something that would be a good trade to transfer to working abroad eventually.ANY IDEAS ?

one idea was air conditioning engineer or similar.

Is there any shortages of skilled trades people in your area?

If so what would be a good trade to learn.?

Many Thanks

Whats the job situation like where you live? Is there a minimum wage etc?

Whats the cost of living like?

ARE THE PROSPECTS BETTER THAN SHEFFIELD?

If you go on to the following site and are still interested in Canada post your interest on this site.

I worked for the Canadian Federal Government, one of my jobs was to list vacancies from employers and enter them on to the computer Job Bank. At that time a vacancy had to have been listed for three monthe and no qualified Canadian found for the job before it could be offered to an overseas applicant. I retired 10 years ago and rules have changed, as I said if you are interested I will try to find more info for you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca

Cynthia. Ontario.

Thanks for your info.Please keep them coming in.Basically i am looking to retrain in something that would be a good trade to transfer to working abroad eventually.ANY IDEAS ?

Many Thanks

Anything to do with building is at a premium in Spain, I suspect air conditioning is big. Wages are not comparable with the UK but neither is the cost of living, overall the lifestyle is way better. Obviously a grasp of Spanish is an advantage, but there are so many ex-pats out here some people get by just working for English speakers. Also its a lot cheaper to get home for visits than most places in the world.

Many Thanks

Learning a "new" skill will not get you in to aus, you need to have 5 years experiance in the given job you ar applying for.

In Aussie if you want work you will find it. But if you are a bin man in Sheffield don't think you are going to be a brain surgeon out here. There are vacancies in most fields (tomato picking or scarecrow:D ) it all depends if you are a worker or a shirker.;)

Archived