Capital one cup

owl.66

What's ridiculous is when Wednesday fans start salivating over a win against a side that's just finding their feet having been promoted and winning a league two side.

We don't need these cup runs because quite rightly we need to get out of this division. And realistically we can't focus on anything else because its an hard league. We're under no illusion.

So why have you spent the last two season wasting energies on cup runs that end in failure.

MK Dons were also just finding there feet and they managed a thumping win, nobodies getting carried away but the performances are encouraging, tomorrow comes a much bigger test, if we were to lose its still very early days.

Edited by top4718

To win the league cup you need win a minimum of seven games , to win the league you need to win at least twenty five games plus, i rest my case.

That's right Alan. It's hard enough as it is. We know we can beat clubs in higher leagues. But when it comes down to it we have 46 battles week in week out. That's what we need to focus on this season. Give other teams a chance in the cups this season.

---------- Post added 14-08-2015 at 08:52 ----------

So why have you spent the last two season wasting energies on cup runs that end in failure.

MK Don were also just finding there feet and they managed a thumping win, nobodies getting carried away but the performances are encouraging, tomorrow comes a much bigger test, if we were to lose its still very early days.

So what your saying is if you win tomorrow you'll be up by Xmas and the salivating continues, but if you lose... Its early days.

I know someone who's an MK fan and he was baffled how Rotherham managed in the championship. But he said himself anyone getting carried away whether they win or lose are deluded.

That's right Alan. It's hard enough as it is. We know we can beat clubs in higher leagues. But when it comes down to it we have 46 battles week in week out. That's what we need to focus on this season. Give other teams a chance in the cups this season.

---------- Post added 14-08-2015 at 08:52 ----------

So what your saying is if you win tomorrow you'll be up by Xmas and the salivating continues, but if you lose... Its early days.

I know someone who's an MK fan and he was baffled how Rotherham managed in the championship. But he said himself anyone getting carried away whether they win or lose are deluded.

No I'm saying if we win it gives us a measure of where we are early season but still a long, long way to go, same applies if we lose.

Other teams did have a chance in the cups, they won them!!!

I just cannot see the reasoning of not wanting to win the cup as opposed to winning the league. Why not try and win both.

Anyone with experience in going the distance in both cups takes its toll. It would be great yes, but realistically for us, we've got to save our energy for L1. Teams know how to play against us and that's to be physical. So we need to learn to combat this. Cups are good but are not important this season... I'm my opinion of course.

---------- Post added 14-08-2015 at 09:01 ----------

No I'm saying if we win it gives us a measure of where we are early season but still a long, long way to go, same applies if we lose.

Other teams did have a chance in the cups, they won them!!!

I think you'll beat Ipswich anyway this weekend. I don't expect them to set the league alight this season.

If it worked out that our teams had five home draws against what could be classed as lesser opposition, then every round you have to put out a team capable off seeing them off even if you are playing a so called big team next in your league, fans would expect it, and moreso as the rounds went on.IMO

What's ridiculous is when Wednesday fans start salivating over a win against a side that's just finding their feet having been promoted and winning a league two side.

We don't need these cup runs because quite rightly we need to get out of this division. And realistically we can't focus on anything else because its an hard league. We're under no illusion.

Wednesday managed to focus on both competitions, winning promotion to old div 1 and the League cup in 1991.

Wednesday managed to focus on both competitions, winning promotion to old div 1 and the League cup in 1991.

Different era, which cost you dearly long term. No doubt you had an excellent side competing against the Manchester United's, Liverpool 's, Arsenal's... Incidentally have continued to remain in the highest league, win trophies and remained their status. What do you think happened at Wednesday... How did it go wrong for you when other teams carried on prospering?

You punched above your weight for a couple of seasons trying to keep up with the big boys... And because of this... disaster for the past 20 years.

Still thing's happen for a reason... You got back up to the 2nd tier and won Bristol.

---------- Post added 14-08-2015 at 10:01 ----------

Anyway back on topic lol

If we beat Fulham and you beat Oxford lets hope for a draw against one another. Be good for the city.

So if you got to the quarter final/semi final would you then spend money on it?

If we got to that stage of the F.A Cup then yes I would attend but then again like I said I respect that competition but in regards to the League Cup and JPT I can honestly say that no I wouldn't attend.

I am a man of my word and I want promotion this year, that has to be our main objective.

---------- Post added 14-08-2015 at 10:13 ----------

Your main objective for the last five years has been promotion but you seemed to want to bask in the glory of fruitless cup games instead, ridiculous really.

I don't see how you can call cup semi finals "fruitless" for a league one team. We achieved more than 90 odd percent of all the teams in the footballing pyramid.

We had a large squad and I believe that Clough felt that he had the right assets available to him to have a decent shot at all competitions. It didn't work like this, we picked up knocks and the congestion of fixtures appeared to tire us out a good bit. But we are a league one team at the end of the day.

There is nothing ridiculous about it! You can't throw games as that is just disrespectful to the fans and to the game as a whole. You have to go out there and play to win.