Sandygate Road New Central Road Marking

Seems the hard of thinking SCC have once again tried their upmost to hinder road users and made a road dangerous. They will be repainting the road markings to put them back to how they were. What a waste of money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-35318399

So Amey (not the bloody council) will be putting it back to what it was, and you still moan? It's only paint!!

Surely if you're doing something in the name of cyclists then you stick a cycle lane in.

There's either the room for one or there isn't, putting some off centre line in just confuses everyone.

And if the people coming up the hill drive next to the white line which is completely their prerogative to do so then they will likely incur a head on collision with someone coming down the hill unsighted. I can half see the councils reasoning on the cycles going up the hill, but why didn't they put in a cycle lane then? Half-arsed cost saving measure I presume, we can afford white paint but not red tarmac...

And if the people coming up the hill drive next to the white line which is completely their prerogative to do so then they will likely incur a head on collision with someone coming down the hill unsighted. I can half see the councils reasoning on the cycles going up the hill, but why didn't they put in a cycle lane then? Half-arsed cost saving measure I presume, we can afford white paint but not red tarmac...

You don't really need red tarmac for a cycle lane, plenty are just marked out with white paint.

I agree that the off-centre white line was unwise, but, as the OP says, and from the images in the link in post #6, drivers park along both sides of Sandygate Road. Putting a cycle lane on the uphill side would decrease the available parking space and/or result in cars parked in the cycle lane anyway. No doubt the planners would get it in the neck for that too, particularly from local residents. They can't win really.

An interesting link to the Crosspool Forum. Nothing mentioned about Foxy's kerb stones on Forres Road though ???

Oh yeah, they're not in crosspool lol

This thread isn't about kerbs on Forres Road, its about the central road markings in Crosspool.