Egotistical Google Experts

The likelihood of peer reviewed science being wrong is far less than the rumour you hear.

Can you prove that, no thought not, its just your biased opinion.

I assume you can prove your scurrilous allegation that scientists often lie in published research? (Obviously you can't, but it'll be funny to watch you try or avoid having to prove it).

I can't provide a peer reviewed paper publish in a reputable scientific general, anything less wouldn't be proof in your opinion so it would be pointless posted it.

Unless they lie to the interviewer of course. Social sciences are much harder to do than physical ones.

Some might, but some won't.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 17:07 ----------

Really, where's the published paper so I can check the evidence?

Not everyone can publish a paper about their observations so they chat about it or post them on forums such as this, their peers can then review it and confirm that they have also observed the same thing. :)

The average person can measure it quite easily. The method is simple and requires just a little bit of thinking and modest maths that anyone with a GCSE could do.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 14:45 ----------

I take it you like libelling people? Can you support that claim that scientists often maliciously and corruptly publish incorrect results?

I'm waiting. I suspect I'll be a time but it's going to be interesting watching you squirm to get out of it.

The average person can't confirm most things that scientists claim, how on earth would the average person confirm the existence of an Higgs Boson, one moment they found it, then they hadn't, either way we are left with no choice but to take their word for it.

Climate scientists are often accused of publishing false information, and its not my accusation, its been published in numerous media sources.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 17:33 ----------

So the claim of thousands is now to 1 person?

Read it again.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 17:36 ----------

Yeah, that's exactly how rumours start.

Its also how humans pass useful information from one person to another, if we had never developed that ability I doubt we would be having this chat.

Its also how humans pass useful information from one person to another, if we had never developed that ability I doubt we would be having this chat.

So, remind me what your overall point is again. We've gone from Council houses, rape victims, distance from the Sun and Higgs Boson?

So, remind me what your overall point is again. We've gone from Council houses, rape victims, distance from the Sun and Higgs Boson?

You must have a very short memory.

proving the point thus. A singular anecdote is valid but not as valid as multiple of the same or similar anecdotes.

And multiple anecdotes are more likely to be true, the consensus is more likely that they are true.

It's very easy to dismiss / ignore the (google) experts on here, spare a thought for the people who work with them!

They overhear a conversation in the morning, stands idle and listens, scampers away to 'brush up' on their knowledge and brings the same topic up hours later with their worldly advice :roll:

I suspect those on here who have the trait express the same in person.

Edited by muddywolf

The average person can't confirm most things that scientists claim,

We were not talking about most things. We were talking about the Earth Sun distance so please stop with the strawman.

Have you decided if you are going to retract your libel about how most scientists falsify data? Can we expect a retraction?

It's very easy to dismiss / ignore the (google) experts on here, spare a thought for the people who work with them!

I'm not so sure they are google experts but more likely Facebook experts. You know, the ones who have thousands of friends that they have never met but because they are Facebook friend they speak the truth.