Egotistical Google Experts

Anyone can disagree with anything.

Doesn't mean you are right though :)

I believe you told me off for not respecting your physics degree on another thread. I don't bleat about my various qualifications but could do.

yet , that's all subjective (all knowledge derived from subjective understanding) - under forum rules everyone is equal to have a say.

Or should we, in your opinion, only listen to the most academically qualified person in a subject and believe it as gospel?

sounds boring to me. :confused:

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:04 ----------

I share your confusion with your comment. What makes you believe that I think that all members, apart from MrSmith, are not to be considered equal?

I don't say you do.

There's a certain amount of shall we say "strong coercion" on the forum. I won't go as far as to say bullying. It's definitely whipped up and orchestrated by certain members who think they are being clever.

:thumbsup:

...It's totally acceptable and within forum rules to have 'subjective' views.

Absolutely. I'll say I love 'My Aim Is True' beyond all other albums, and you'll dismiss it as noisy crap and suggest that 'Make It Big' is a better treat for the ears. Tastes are subjective and differ.

Go into the History section and suggest, without evidence, that the Hole in the Road was filled in by worker ants with unicorn droppings in 1984 and you'll be challenged by several knowledgeable folk with documented names, dates and times which provide solid objective evidence to the contrary.

Context is everything. Fluffy daftness or a discussion of evolution vs creationism. Both types of discussion are welcome here, but if you confuse the two don't whine or get huffy and sulky if someone with more knowledge about a subject challenges your position.

I believe you told me off for not respecting your physics degree on another thread. I don't bleat about my various qualifications but could do.

yet , that's all subjective (all knowledge derived from subjective understanding) - under forum rules everyone is equal to have a say.

Or should we, in your opinion, only listen to the most academically qualified person in a subject and believe it as gospel?

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:04 ----------

I don't say you do.

There's a certain amount of shall we say "strong coercion" on the forum. I won't go as far as to say bullying. It's definitely whipped up and orchestrated by certain members who think they are being clever.

Well that's the point of asking for link - so we don't have to take people's post as gospel regardless of qualifications*

*ive got my bronze in swimming if that helps my case.

Absolutely. I'll say I love 'My Aim Is True' beyond all other albums, and you'll dismiss it as noisy crap and suggest that 'Make It Big' is a better treat for the ears. Tastes are subjective and differ.

Go into the History section and suggest, without evidence, that the Hole in the Road was filled in by worker ants with unicorn droppings in 1984 and you'll be challenged by several knowledgeable folk with documented names, dates and times which provide solid objective evidence to the contrary.

Context is everything. Fluffy daftness or a discussion of evolution vs creationism. Both types of discussion are welcome here, but if you confuse the two don't whine or get huffy and sulky if someone with more knowledge about a subject challenges your position.

Well look, ive posted countless links and approached from a position of experience on the subject. It still doesnt stop 'trolling' of which I speak.

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:11 ----------

Well that's the point of asking for link - so we don't have to take people's post as gospel regardless of qualifications*

*ive got my bronze in swimming if that helps my case.

Link or no link, it's all the same.

It's just a forum, not solving world peace.

...Or should we, in your opinion, only listen to the most academically qualified person in a subject and believe it as gospel?

Nope. Listen to everything and evaluate it in the context of the subject matter and the quality of the evidence presented. Read more if you're interested in the subject. Adapt your position if you're convinced.

Probably not your cup of tea then, eh?

I don't say you do.

Fair enough, it seemed to me that you was asking me a loaded question.

Nope. Listen to everything and evaluate it in the context of the subject matter and the quality of the evidence presented. Read more if you're interested in the subject. Adapt your position if you're convinced.

Probably not your cup of tea then, eh?

fine, it could be better. Thats all im saying.

I mean look how many members the forum has - yet it's all just a bunch of keyboard warriors talking crap end of the day with no end goal / learning.

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:16 ----------

Fair enough, it seemed to me that you was asking me a loaded question.

Ok fair enough.

fine, it could be better. Thats all im saying.

I mean look how many members the forum has - yet it's all just a bunch of keyboard warriors talking crap end of the day with no end goal / learning.

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:16 ----------

Ok fair enough.

What end goal are you looking for?

Well look, ive posted countless links and approached from a position of experience on the subject. It still doesnt stop 'trolling' of which I speak.

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:11 ----------

Link or no link, it's all the same.

It's just a forum, not solving world peace.

Volume of links doesnt equate to quality...

Perhaps other peoples experience is greater than your own?

What end goal are you looking for?

from this forum nothing, thats the point. Its just a load of nonsense, so why the requirement for hard evidence?

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:22 ----------

Volume of links doesnt equate to quality...

Perhaps other peoples experience is greater than your own?

Perhaps but we dont know each other from Adam. So how can you tell?