Egotistical Google Experts

Well look, ive posted countless links...

I must admit that I don't think I recall seeing any of your previous contributions to discussions which might require a link to supporting evidence, probably because I'm not around much any more, but if you're participating in a discussion about, say, homoeopathy, and your link is to evidence presented in 'Amateur Homoeopaths' Weekly' and not 'Nature' then your evidence will likely be evaluated accordingly.

...and approached from a position of experience on the subject.

Again, depending on the subject, 'experience' isn't always reliable, as I mentioned above.

It still doesnt stop 'trolling' of which I speak.

Someone posting something inflammatory or controversial that might not reflect their actual position on a subject just to get a reaction? On here? Surely not! Seriously, who've you been trolled by?

It's just a forum, not solving world peace.

Indeed, but if you're going to while away an hour or two on a forum discussing something interesting you might as well take the discussion seriously.

fine, it could be better. Thats all im saying.

I mean look how many members the forum has - yet it's all just a bunch of keyboard warriors talking crap end of the day with no end goal / learning. ...

It's not really though is it? At least not all the time in all of the sections of the forum. I've read and participated in lots of great discussions of subjects in which I'm interested where several folk with knowledge of the subject have enhanced my understanding of those subjects. Others have provided information with which I might not agree, but which has challenged me to find out more about a relatively unfamiliar aspect of the subject.

Someone posting something inflammatory or controversial that might not reflect their actual position on a subject just to get a reaction? On here? Surely not! Seriously, who've you been trolled by?

i detect a hint of sarcasm here :hihi:

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:30 ----------

It's not really though is it? At least not all the time in all of the sections of the forum. I've read and participated in lots of great discussions of subjects in which I'm interested where several folk with knowledge of the subject have enhanced my understanding of those subjects. Others have provided information with which I might not agree, but which has challenged me to find out more about a relatively unfamiliar aspect of the subject.

any links? :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

from this forum nothing, thats the point. Its just a load of nonsense, so why the requirement for hard evidence?

Forums all over the internet provide a place for folk to discuss everything under the sun with varying degrees of seriousness and frivolity. Being an internet forum doesn't necessarily negate the quality of that discussion; if a discussion requires 'hard evidence' then it's presented, whether it's a discussion taking place on an internet forum or in a tutorial. If the discussion requires only that one forummer shouts louder than the other about which episode of The X-Files is the best, then that's all good too (until someone suggests that it's the one with Burt Reynolds, then it gets serious...).

Forums all over the internet provide a place for folk to discuss everything under the sun with varying degrees of seriousness and frivolity. Being an internet forum doesn't necessarily negate the quality of that discussion; if a discussion requires 'hard evidence' then it's presented, whether it's a discussion taking place on an internet forum or in a tutorial. If the discussion requires only that one forummer shouts louder than the other about which episode of The X-Files is the best, then that's all good too (until someone suggests that it's the one with Burt Reynolds, then it gets serious...).

the definition of online forums from the human interface of wikipedia.

It's the one when they merged it with C.O.P.S.

Case closed. Tell the x-files forum I've solved it. They can go about their day now.

It's the one when they merged it with C.O.P.S.

Case closed. Tell the x-files forum I've solved it. They can go about their day now.

:rolleyes: It's clearly 'Bad Blood'. Or collectively the Duane Barry arc.