81yr old Rotherham man attacked

Hi everyone

Have any of you heard about this:

http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/99313/police-appeal-after-man-81-found-with-serious-head-injuries.aspx

81yr old brutally attacked by 4 men?

A friend of mine knows the victim's family and is obviously very upset.

It's a little strange that such an horrific attack would go almost under the radar, given the extent and nature of the torture on this old, vulnerable man :(.

What makes something newsworthy I wonder? :huh:

It was an 81 yr old Muslim that got attacked so not news really, if it was a couple of Muslims that had attacked an 81 yr old non Muslim then I'm sure the thread would have had more attention.

It was an 81 yr old Muslim that got attacked so not news really, if it was a couple of Muslims that had attacked an 81 yr old non Muslim then I'm sure the thread would have had more attention

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with you :shakes:

What those scum did to this poor old bloke....

How can we highlight the media bias here?

This is outrageous! :mad:

---------- Post added 16-08-2015 at 22:11 ----------

It's been on the TV news repeatedly, so obviously newsworthy. Two men were arrested and charged.

Do you think the level of coverage was appropriate

For the nature of the crime?

And do you think it might have been different

If it was an old white man

And two muslim youths?

Honestly, Nagel?

Edited by Solomon1

http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/99384/two-in-court-over-attack-on-pensioner-81.aspx

Two in court over attack on pensioner, 81

TWO men have been charged with assaulting an elderly grandfather as he walked to his morning prayers.

Damien Hunt (29), of Doncaster Road, Rotherham and Kieran Rice (21) of Oakes Meadows, Rotherham, appeared at Rotherham Magistrates’ Court this morning accused of attacking 81-year-old Mushin Ahmed (pictured).

Both men have been charged with grievous bodily harm following the attack in the early hours of Monday morning.

Rice has also been charged with possession of cocaine.

http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/99384/two-in-court-over-attack-on-pensioner-81.aspx

Two in court over attack on pensioner, 81

TWO men have been charged with assaulting an elderly grandfather as he walked to his morning prayers.

Damien Hunt (29), of Doncaster Road, Rotherham and Kieran Rice (21) of Oakes Meadows, Rotherham, appeared at Rotherham Magistrates’ Court this morning accused of attacking 81-year-old Mushin Ahmed (pictured).

Both men have been charged with grievous bodily harm following the attack in the early hours of Monday morning.

Rice has also been charged with possession of cocaine.

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

But there is no report

Of the physical abuse that this man endured?

Is this due to legalities??

When that young soldier got chopped up in London

The news was EVERYWHERE!!

Was it because he was a soldier? Because there were witnesses??

This helpless old man was tortured (repeatedly run over by a motorbike)

And left in a coma

By four white men

Why is this not being reported in the same way??

There's been a lot of comment on SYP's Facebook about this and general outrage from all sections of the public, two massive threads. SYP have kept people updated about their enquiries and arrests were made very quickly, probably due to the general disgust about the attack, they obviously got information from the public too.

Not under the radar at all, just not on Sheffield Forum.

There's been a lot of comment on SYP's Facebook about this and general outrage from all sections of the public, two massive threads. SYP have kept people updated about their enquiries and arrests were made very quickly, probably due to the general disgust about the attack, they obviously got information from the public too.

Not under the radar at all, just not on Sheffield Forum.

Ok, thanks for that

But I hadn't heard this story at all!

Until I happened to meet up with a friend who knows this guy's family.

And she doesn't get why more isn't being made

Of the fact that it was four white men

Torturing one old non-white man

Because if it was the other way around

We wouldn't hear the sodding END of it, for god's sake!!! :mad:

They certainly didn't publish many details. Just that he was on his way to his mosque in the middle of the night alone when he was attacked. But we're always being told not to discuss details of cases coming to court in case we prejudice the outcome, so maybe you shouldn't be posting this stuff as it's not in the public domain yet?

I think the Lee Rigby case was unique tbh, he was attacked purely because he was a soldier, in broad daytime and the culprits said they were doing it because of the actions of the government in what they regarded as their homelands? Also they attacked the police with a gun and a machete.

Usually ordinary members of the public being attacked, only ever makes the local news and the local paper, which this has. Nothing to do with the ethnic origins of the victim and perps, imo.

Just hope they get a proper punishment and the old man makes a good recovery.