81yr old Rotherham man attacked

They certainly didn't publish many details. Just that he was on his way to his mosque in the middle of the night alone when he was attacked. But we're always being told not to discuss details of cases coming to court in case we prejudice the outcome, so maybe you shouldn't be posting this stuff as it's not in the public domain yet?

I think the Lee Rigby case was unique tbh, he was attacked purely because he was a soldier, in broad daytime and the culprits said they were doing it because of the actions of the government in what they regarded as their homelands? Also they attacked the police with a gun and a machete.

Usually ordinary members of the public being attacked, only ever makes the local news and the local paper, which this has. Nothing to do with the ethnic origins of the victim and perps, imo.

Just hope they get a proper punishment and the old man makes a good recovery.

Ok, Thank you natjack

That makes me feel a little better!

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

But there is no report

Of the physical abuse that this man endured?

Is this due to legalities??

When that young soldier got chopped up in London

The news was EVERYWHERE!!

Was it because he was a soldier? Because there were witnesses??

This helpless old man was tortured (repeatedly run over by a motorbike)

And left in a coma

By four white men

Why is this not being reported in the same way??

There are plenty of OAP's up and down the country being beaten,raped,mugged etc...etc,by all colours and creeds!

But you choose to compare it to Lee Rigbys murder?

shame on you pal.:roll:

Why don't you dig deeper and find a more suitable comparison?

They are there,if you look hard enough.

The lack of media attention on those cases would also rubbish your theory of "but if it was a whitey!"

Heres a few you may not have heard of too....

Telegraph

Star

star

CJN

Those took me 2 minutes to search,and I made sure I searched locally.

My Nan who lives in Norton lees was attacked in her home twice a couple of years ago too,where was her media coverage?

Why didn't she get the same coverage as Lee Rigby.

I guess its because on the grand scale of things,it just wasn't comparable to a street slaughter.:roll:

My Nan who lives in Norton lees was attacked in her home twice a couple of years ago too,where was her media coverage?

Was she attacked by four men?

Did they run over her head, multiple times with a motorbike?

Was she left in a coma?

Was she attacked by four men?

Did they run over her head, multiple times with a motorbike?

Was she left in a coma?

Whoosh!

That was the sound of the point flying over your head:roll:.

You compare yours to someone who was run over in a busy street and slaughtered.

The whole point of the Lee Rigby murder was to shock and get the media's attention,which it did.

So if you can compare yours to that,then why can't I compare mine to yours?

BTW,because your so interested about my Nan...

It was one man.

It happened twice.

And she was left traumatized in her own home!

I looks like Mr Ahmed's attack did reach the BBC,you just wasn't looking hard enough.

But then again,if the exact same attack had happened to a white pensioner,it would have made front page eh? (by your logic of course)

Oh the racist media eh?:roll:

Do you think the level of coverage was appropriate

For the nature of the crime?

And do you think it might have been different

If it was an old white man

And two muslim youths?

Honestly, Nagel?

Yes there would have been more coverage if the attack had been by Muslims on an 81 year old white man and for xenophobic reasons. There would have been a LOT more coverage on Sheffield Forum and again for all the wrong reasons, but that's because of the nature of Sheffield Forum.

If you look at mainstream news this story was repeated several nights in a row until the culprits were arrested and charged. Meanwhile on Sheffield Forum there was no mention of it.

Lesson learned? Don't rely on SF for unbiased local news.

On Sheffield forum there are plenty of Muslim haters who get brave and spout their hatred behind a keyboard, when stories like this appear they seem to be on vacation.

This story may have been on the news but why was there no mention that the guys head was repeatedly run over by a motorbike?

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 04:01 ----------

There are plenty of OAP's up and down the country being beaten,raped,mugged etc...etc,by all colours and creeds!

But you choose to compare it to Lee Rigbys murder?

shame on you pal.:roll:

Why don't you dig deeper and find a more suitable comparison?

They are there,if you look hard enough.

The lack of media attention on those cases would also rubbish your theory of "but if it was a whitey!"

Heres a few you may not have heard of too....

Telegraph

Star

star

CJN

Those took me 2 minutes to search,and I made sure I searched locally.

Why didn't she get the same coverage as Lee Rigby.

I guess its because on the grand scale of things,it just wasn't comparable to a street slaughter.:roll:

It wasn't a racial attack on your nan was it?

Solomon seems to have touched a nerve by posting this thread with you surprise surprise.

This was clearly a racial attack and the one on your nan wasn't plus she didn't get her head run over repeatedly by a motorbike and left in a coma did she otherwise it too would have warranted news coverage.

Pathetic is what you are, instead of trying to slate the op for posting this why didn't you just not bother posting? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by mafya

Racism is one of the evils that needs ridding of in society.

It was not that long ago another Muslim 80+ year old was stabbed and unfortunately killed as he too was returning from prayers in Birmingham.

Only consolation for the family was that the police caught the self admitted racist scumbag.

When asked why he had targeted the mosque he replied: "Because they are not white - and I am white."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24614280

Yeh, like you racists choose your colour and where you're born etc.

Yes there would have been more coverage if the attack had been by Muslims on an 81 year old white man and for xenophobic reasons. There would have been a LOT more coverage on Sheffield Forum and again for all the wrong reasons, but that's because of the nature of Sheffield Forum.

If you look at mainstream news this story was repeated several nights in a row until the culprits were arrested and charged. Meanwhile on Sheffield Forum there was no mention of it.

Lesson learned? Don't rely on SF for unbiased local news.

Actually i raised this point on another thread - i had no idea of this incident at all,i must have missed the local news for a night or two unfortunatley.

Yet the tv and newspapers couldn't get enough for weeks when Alan Greaves was killed

On Sheffield forum there are plenty of Muslim haters who get brave and spout their hatred behind a keyboard, when stories like this appear they seem to be on vacation.

This story may have been on the news but why was there no mention that the guys head was repeatedly run over by a motorbike?

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 04:01 ----------

It wasn't a racial attack on your nan was it?

Solomon seems to have touched a nerve by posting this thread with you surprise surprise.

This was clearly a racial attack and the one on your nan wasn't plus she didn't get her head run over repeatedly by a motorbike and left in a coma did she otherwise it too would have warranted news coverage.

Pathetic is what you are, instead of trying to slate the op for posting this why didn't you just not bother posting? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So you think he should have received the exact same media coverage as Lee Rigby too then:loopy:

I don't like people saying "well if he was white" just as much as you don't like "well if he was asian".

But yet that makes me the "pathetic" one eh?

Complete racist BS!