81yr old Rotherham man attacked

This attack is revolting and disgusting. I hope the perpetrators are imprisoned for a long long time in one of the worst prisons we have to offer.

We don't know why they did it, but it will be little consolation whether it was mistaken identity, deliberate targeting or racial targeting.

Yes there would have been more coverage if the attack had been by Muslims on an 81 year old white man and for xenophobic reasons. There would have been a LOT more coverage on Sheffield Forum and again for all the wrong reasons, but that's because of the nature of Sheffield Forum.

If you look at mainstream news this story was repeated several nights in a row until the culprits were arrested and charged. Meanwhile on Sheffield Forum there was no mention of it.

Lesson learned? Don't rely on SF for unbiased local news.

This is also what I thought :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:16 ----------

BTW,because your so interested about my Nan...

It was one man.

It happened twice.

And she was left traumatized in her own home!

Dude. I'm not going to compete with you

About who has experienced the most suffering

Your nan should not have been attacked

This old man should not have been attacked

My concern is unfair media bias

I believe that this is happening

I also believe that it might be too early

To discuss the details of the case

If it's going to court....

When were details of Lee Rigby's death released?

Edited by Solomon1

A media war is been played out the whites hate the Muslim's and they blame ISIS for giving them a bad reputation the circle of blame goes round and round. In the meantime the ordinary man on the street pays the price of this hate media. Weather the victim is a soldier or a Muslim it is still a crime untill both sides sit down and talk nothing will change after all its easier to hate than know your enemy.

This is also what I thought :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 17-08-2015 at 15:16 ----------

Dude. I'm not going to compete with you

About who has experienced the most suffering

Your nan should not have been attacked

This old man should not have been attacked

My concern is unfair media bias

I believe that this is happening

I also believe that it might be too early

To discuss the details of the case

If it's going to court....

When were details of Lee Rigby's death released?

Neither was I.

I didn't bring my Nan up to compare with Mr.Ahmed (its pretty obvious they are not on a par with each other).In the same sense that Mr.Ahmed is not on a par with Lee Rigby's slaughter.(<<that was the point)

Anyone that thinks it is,must have a serious racial bias,or must be just plain silly(I suppose trolling could be a third option?).

The fact is that headlines sell papers(or clicks these days),and the sad truth is,it wasn't the worst thing to happen in the whole country that day.

I don't know the ins and outs of Mr.Ahmed's attack,but the culprits already sound like young druggy yobs (if the media is anything to go by).

OAP's are suffering every day up and down the country (even killed)by the hands of toerags with no respect for themselves,let alone other people.And you don't hear of every case for the exact reason you don't hear of this one.

Neither was I.

I didn't bring my Nan up to compare with Mr.Ahmed (its pretty obvious they are not on a par with each other).In the same sense that Mr.Ahmed is not on a par with Lee Rigby's slaughter.(<<that was the point)

OK then

And you don't hear of every case for the exact reason you don't hear of this one

I take your point Pete

But jury's out on this one for me

Racism is one of the evils that needs ridding of in society.

It was not that long ago another Muslim 80+ year old was stabbed and unfortunately killed as he too was returning from prayers in Birmingham.

Only consolation for the family was that the police caught the self admitted racist scumbag.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24614280

Yeh, like you racists choose your colour and where you're born etc.

I remember the Birmingham incident but didn't know the attacker had been caught, he should never be released.

It's a shame that these men will probably be released as they are uncivilised.

I have heard today sadly Mr Ahmed, and pensioner in Rotherham has sadly passed away, following an assault, yet there seems to be very coverage in the news.

I thought this case, and the sad case of Mr Alan Greaves had very similar circumstances, yet the coverage by the media has been very different.

Both men where pensioners, on the way to places of worship, both where assalted.

Yet the coverage in the press on the two cases has been far from similar, I wonder how much more cases go unreported or hardly reported.

The police are useless, that is why attacks like this continue to happen. What is the worst that the perpetrators have to fear? A year or two in what we laughably call "prisons" in this country?

Really? Since when has sentencing been the responsibility of the police? The fact that any offender is looking at a sentence means that the police have done their job.