81yr old Rotherham man attacked

I have heard today sadly Mr Ahmed, and pensioner in Rotherham has sadly passed away, following an assault, yet there seems to be very coverage in the news.

I thought this case, and the sad case of Mr Alan Greaves had very similar circumstances, yet the coverage by the media has been very different.

Both men where pensioners, on the way to places of worship, both where assalted.

Yet the coverage in the press on the two cases has been far from similar, I wonder how much more cases go unreported or hardly reported.

I can find no coverage in the news that the Rotherham assault victim has died, but if he has then the parallels to the other case where the pensioner was killed on his way to church are obvious.

The killer in that case got 25 years.

On Sheffield forum there are plenty of Muslim haters who get brave and spout their hatred behind a keyboard, when stories like this appear they seem to be on vacation.

I don't think there are many Muslim haters on here. There are plenty who hate Islam, along with other religions, and I'm one of them. I actually pity Muslims who are generally the product of cultural brainwashing from birth. The brainwashing (which happens in all religious communities) leaves people unable to objectively assess whether criticism of their religion is justified and instead seek to find ways to slander those who they believe slander them i.e. say they are racists, bigots and xenophobes.

In response to the question of whether there would be more news coverage if Muslims had attacked an 81 year old for being Christian, then I would say yes. The reality is that Islam has a serious problem in that it steers a grossly disproportionate level of followers down the extremism path and this is having a negative impact on non-Muslims. Non-Muslims are therefore naturally wary, suspicious and watching to see how the problem develops. Like the boy who cried wolf, and the local tearaway suspected by the police each time something bad happens, the followers of Islam suffer the consequences of a bad reputation. When the Islamic extremism problem starts to fade then the spotlight of suspicion will dim and eventually switch off. Until then Muslims will collectively suffer the 'injustices' that come with having a bad reputation... c'est la vie.

As for the attack is question... low life, cowardly scum who I'm sure will get their just deserts.

I don't think there are many Muslim haters on here. There are plenty who hate Islam, along with other religions, and I'm one of them. I actually pity Muslims who are generally the product of cultural brainwashing from birth. The brainwashing (which happens in all religious communities) leaves people unable to objectively assess whether criticism of their religion is justified and instead seek to find ways to slander those who they believe slander them i.e. say they are racists, bigots and xenophobes.

In response to the question of whether there would be more news coverage if Muslims had attacked an 81 year old for being Christian, then I would say yes. The reality is that Islam has a serious problem in that it steers a grossly disproportionate level of followers down the extremism path and this is having a negative impact on non-Muslims. Non-Muslims are therefore naturally wary, suspicious and watching to see how the problem develops. Like the boy who cried wolf, and the local tearaway suspected by the police each time something bad happens, the followers of Islam suffer the consequences of a bad reputation. When the Islamic extremism problem starts to fade then the spotlight of suspicion will dim and eventually switch off. Until then Muslims will collectively suffer the 'injustices' that come with having a bad reputation... c'est la vie.

As for the attack is question... low life, cowardly scum who I'm sure will get their just deserts.

Great little bit of victim blaming and a nauseating little expression of 'couldn't care less' at the end.

At least you correctly identify the attackers as low life, but I wonder how you'd describe people whose constant denigration of Islam and those who follow it contributes towards attacks like these?

Or may be someone who spent that much time talking negative about one religion could perhaps take a closer look at Islam, an unbiased open approach to see what the message entails.

We only fear what we don't know.

Or may be someone who spent that much time talking negative about one religion could perhaps take a closer look at Islam, an unbiased open approach to see what the message entails.

We only fear what we don't know.

We don't. I know spiders: thhey are dark things with eight legs. I'm still sh*t scared of them. And anything that flies is even worse. But I know moths and birds too :o

S

Great little bit of victim blaming and a nauseating little expression of 'couldn't care less' at the end.

At least you correctly identify the attackers as low life, but I wonder how you'd describe people whose constant denigration of Islam and those who follow it contributes towards attacks like these?

I don't especially care that Muslims are the 'victim' of heightened suspicion because that is the price of perpetuating and propagating a religion that causes so many problems - they choose to be members of the club. I do however care that an 81 year old man is the victim of a violent and unprovoked attack. Suspicion of those following a religion with a violent extremism problem is a reasonable response whilst becoming a violent extremist yourself isn't.

I also don't hold with your 'see, hear and speak no evil' tactic for maintaining peaceful relations between Muslims and non-Muslims. We need to face up to the fact that Islam has problems and that Muslims will be regarded with suspicion, and their behaviour subject to greater scrutiny, until those problems are addressed. The fact that some boneheads will use legitimate criticism of Islam to justify their illegitimate behaviour is not a good enough reason to stop the criticism and is a self-defeating tactic.

I don't especially care that Muslims are the 'victim' of heightened suspicion because that is the price of perpetuating and propagating a religion that causes so many problems - they choose to be members of the club. I do however care that an 81 year old man is the victim of a violent and unprovoked attack. Suspicion of those following a religion with a violent extremism problem is a reasonable response whilst becoming a violent extremist yourself isn't.

No. They are born into it.

It is laughable to suggest that if this incident had involved an attack by asian youths on an elderly white man that there would not have been post after post after post from the many and varied contributors to those threads that they seem to be drawn to and expressing indignation and condemnation for a religion as opposed to the actions of individuals who have carried out the attack.

I find the comment "C'est la vie" provides the clearest possible window into the mindset of the poster - who really should preview his or her posts before pressing the submit button. That they think a group of individuals should collectively suffer because of a 'bad reputation' is pathetic

I also don't hold with your 'see, hear and speak no evil' tactic for maintaining peaceful relations between Muslims and non-Muslims. We need to face up to the fact that Islam has problems and that Muslims will be regarded with suspicion, and their behaviour subject to greater scrutiny, until those problems are addressed. The fact that some boneheads will use legitimate criticism of Islam to justify their illegitimate behaviour is not a good enough reason to stop the criticism and is a self-defeating tactic.

You are a Muslim hater, stop pussy footing around the issue and claiming you only hate the religion.

Your thinking that all Muslims should suffer collectively is the same kind of thinking of groups like Isis, you are an extremist your self. :rolleyes: