81yr old Rotherham man attacked

I don't know what's happening but race relations are worse now than they've ever been. There may be less open racism because of legislation but its still there in abundance. I don't think this is a white issue though because in my opinion if the roles were reversed white people would suffer at the hands of others...

Maybe racism is a natural reaction to be wary of those who look different. Its not that long ago.... back to caveman land... when if people where different they were probably going to try and kill you and take your possessions... Whatever it is I don't think racism will end any day soon..

Or may be someone who spent that much time talking negative about one religion could perhaps take a closer look at Islam, an unbiased open approach to see what the message entails.

We only fear what we don't know.

We don't need to study the message in order to judge the religion. We just need to observe the outcomes of others interpreting the message and I'm afraid it isn't pretty. Intolerance, injustice, inequality, poverty and violence are the reoccurring themes wherever Islam dominates.

You can't ignore the outcomes by pointing to lines in a book that say it shouldn't be this way... it is this way.

No. They are born into it.

They may be born into it but it is still their choice whether to perpetuate and propagate it. They choose to do so regardless of the problems with extremism and that means they share some of the blame for it.

You are a Muslim hater, stop pussy footing around the issue and claiming you only hate the religion.

Your thinking that all Muslims should suffer collectively is the same kind of thinking of groups like Isis, you are an extremist your self. :rolleyes:

I think all Muslims are collectively responsible for perpetuating and propagating their religion and therefore the outcomes of that. It is similar to saying parents are responsible for how their children turn out. We don't charge and punish parents for the crimes of a child but we none-the-less consider them responsible if their nurturing was a factor in the path chosen by the child.

I do not advocate or condone collective punishment (e.g. retaliation attacks) against Muslims for the sins of their children any more than I do parents. But it doesn't need my blessing for it to happen and I believe it is an inevitable response unless the problems coming out of the Muslim community are addressed. Do you really think otherwise?

Of course we do. It's idiocy to suggest otherwise.

It has been in the implementation phase for 1,400 years and you want to judge it on the original plan instead of the outcomes delivered? That's idiocy.

It was an 81 yr old Muslim that got attacked so not news really, if it was a couple of Muslims that had attacked an 81 yr old non Muslim then I'm sure the thread would have had more attention.

just to cheer you up mafya ,the worlds media seemed to think this was worth reporting and he was an 82yr old muslim:)

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/18/isis-beheads-archaeologist-syria

Solomon 1 ... this was on the SYP page today, if you're still following the case. The old chap is still holding onto life, so that's a bit of good news, hope he makes a fully recovery.

https://www.facebook.com/southyorkshirepolice?fref=nf

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 01:30 ----------

Russell Brand's take on the media: