QE for the people?

0% or 4% and the BoE have failed, and have to send a letter to George O explaining why

I'm not sure why low inflation should be a problem, especially with very low interest rates, but if you look at the recent history (especially 2014), they've done pretty well.

It seems to be mostly the low oil prices pushing inflation down recently. I doubt the Chancellor will be overly upset.

I'm not sure why low inflation should be a problem, especially with very low interest rates, but if you look at the recent history (especially 2014), they've done pretty well.

It seems to be mostly the low oil prices pushing inflation down recently. I doubt the Chancellor will be overly upset.

With low interest rates and QE both being a pressure to higher inflation, it makes one wonder why it is low, something must wrong somewhere, and then if we are meant to pay this QE money back, we cannot do that until we have some decent inflation?

I am sure they know what they are doing ;)

With low interest rates and QE both being a pressure to higher inflation, it makes one wonder why it is low, something must wrong somewhere, and then if we are meant to pay this QE money back, we cannot do that until we have some decent inflation?

We're still recovering from Labour's great recession and oil prices have fallen by about a factor of 2 in the last year.

It's low because recessions tend to be deflationary.

It's doing exactly what it's intended to. nothing is wrong.

We pay the QE back when it's convenient to do so - ie when inflation rises. Have you not been following above?

More so than some posters on here know thats for sure....

Economic forecasters, not everyone trusts forecasters.

They used to think Gordon Brown and Ed Balls were the dream team.

You can find a forecaster to say anything.

The people in this field who I respect have been saying the same things consistently throughout and issued plenty of warnings about what Brown and Balls were up to,