QE for the people?

I think that is inevitable, when the Conservatives have helped the wealthy and stuffed the poor as much as they can, and then it will be time for Labour to bring back some empathy into Government policy. Alternatively, it could be another party or a coalition that fixes our divided country.

That's a massive pack of lies.

The debate in UK politics is not about whether to help the poor, it's about how to help them. Labour like to hand out money, that they previously collected from the same people. The Conservatives like to reward effort. That's why the working poor now get less benefits, but a lot less income tax. I know which I'd prefer. Letting people keep their own money shows a lot more respect and gives them a lot more dignity.

I think that is inevitable, when the Conservatives have helped the wealthy and stuffed the poor as much as they can, and then it will be time for Labour to bring back some empathy into Government policy. Alternatively, it could be another party or a coalition that fixes our divided country.

This is another moment when I paint and laugh at the inanity and preposterousness of someones claims.

This is another moment when I paint and laugh at the inanity and preposterousness of someones claims.

Your response does not surprise me. You seem to be under the impression that I am a Labour supporter and am embarrassed by what they have done, I am not a Labour supporter, just someone with an open mind that can see how both sides go to extremes.

• 4 weeks later...

Bank of England notes - £48 billion(2010) – the total value of bank notes in circulation, up by £10 billion in the last two years alone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/7398603/Banknotes-facts-and-figures.html

Today there are around £60bn in physical notes and coins in circulation. Six years ago there was about £45bn in circulation, so there’s been a rise in the physical money in circulation of 30% over that period of time.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/484725/Just-how-much-money-has-the-Bank-of-England-printed-Explained-with-DRIFTWOOD

Not the best place for information; but if it is correct, Corbyn has got a point, the Tories are doing it already.

It'd be far better to allow local councils to issue and print their own currency. This way, our council could pay people in Sheffield Shillings for example, to build council houses in Sheffield and then rent them out in both Sheffield Shilling and Pound Sterling.

Having reread this post from the beginning again, I am more convinced that no one really knows what QE is and what it is used for, whether we owe it or not, whether it's added to the national debt, whether it's done any good or made a bad situation worse.

Nor has anyone been able to tell me what is really backing up the monetary system.

It seems QE is whatever the banks want it to be, along with money, which is only of value because the banks say it is. QE it seems, can be manipulated at will, along with Libor, exchange rates, interest rates et al. A giant con trick really, as is 'austerity' which is merely a convenient hook for the Tory agenda of rolling back the state, never mind the suffering it's causing.

In which case, I see no real reason why QE for the people in terms of investment in infrastructure shouldn't go ahead. Of course the banks can scupper it purely because they don't like Corbyn, and see him as a challenge to their ways.

But of course they will soon be choosing our Prime minister for us as well, if they aren't already...

If ever we needed any more evidence that bankers and those that control them are really the masters of the universe then I'd like to hear it.

That's a massive pack of lies.

The debate in UK politics is not about whether to help the poor, it's about how to help them. Labour like to hand out money, that they previously collected from the same people. The Conservatives like to reward effort. That's why the working poor now get less benefits, but a lot less income tax. I know which I'd prefer. Letting people keep their own money shows a lot more respect and gives them a lot more dignity.

But, didnt i read somewhere that some of the poor working class are worse off by up to £1,300 per year, perhaps they were just the unlucky ones..

And the lucky ones are those that will make a huge profit out of George Osbornes Swiss tax evasion deal :huh: