Car servicing (please merge if necessary..)

i just took 'advantage' of Halfords £164 car servicing and MOT ,

i thought this involved a full service and although a lot of advice was printed, and checks done, i don't have much faith that a lot of work was actually carried out ie the bare minimum that i would possibly have had in a partial service elsewhere.

and if i'd known there was a partial re test fee (having Never paid one before in many years of driving) i wouldnt have committed myself to staying there. i would have saved the fee had i had the necessary MOT failure work done there, but i saved about £130 having it done elsewhere

interesting how Halfords don't give out a customer satisfaction/feedback form.. they just don't want to know do they..

so if anyone knows a good reliable independent garage and a reasonable MOT tester with no retest fee... then use them.

i just took 'advantage' of Halfords £164 car servicing and MOT ,

so if anyone knows a good reliable independent garage and a reasonable MOT tester with no retest fee... then use them.

Should pass, if its been serviced, and you know what is wrong with it.

that's a bit of a simplistic response, no offence... but there were issues unrelated to a service that prevented it passing the MOT first time

My car was MOTed a few weeks ago, ended up paying a retest fee, due to unforeseen circumstances.

Wrong parts supplied caused a warning light. I may ask for a pre MOT next time, may work out cheaper.

I've not paid a retest fee at Halfords before, have they just brought that in??

It is standard to allow retest fees, but MOTs are over priced at £54 for a full test, many choose to charge less, its their discretion.

It is standard to allow retest fees, but MOTs are over priced at £54 for a full test, many choose to charge less, its their discretion.

Halfords are 30 quid for the full test, but still I'm pretty sure last time I failed there was no retest fee :confused::confused::confused::confused: